UX Design Intern
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
Spreetail's Software team, known internally as Toolkit, consists of Engineering, Product Management, and User Experience. This team builds a completely home-grown software to compete against top players in the ecommerce industry. The software controls our business from beginning to end: ordering, marketing, inventory, customer service, and accounting. We use the latest and greatest libraries and development methodologies to build elegant solutions to complex, real-world problems.
As a UX Design intern, you are passionate about creating better experiences for all users. You see the value in iterating from low to high fidelity and you never settle for the first solution. You move fast and have an eye for great design. You're comfortable collaborating with a group as well as working independently. UX design interns work on teams to build tools for the department and products for our users. You’ll work on real projects alongside full-time designers and engineers to improve the foundation of our business.
As a UX Design Intern, you will:
- Attend daily agile stand-ups with your team.
- Be the liaison between research and implementation.
- Design low-to high-fidelity mock-ups and build prototypes to assist in product development and user research.
- Iterate quickly over product designs.
- Work closely with your peers to define and maintain a consistent, commercial grade experience.
- Contribute to the style and aesthetic of reusable components and tools to be shared with your team.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of interfaces throughout the platform, finding opportunities for design and ensuring consistency.
- Share knowledge and promote practices that reduce friction in all areas of the company.
Who you are:
- Detail oriented.
- Adaptable and a quick learner.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Capable of navigating ambiguity.
- Empathetic of users and their needs.
- Experienced with design software like Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD.
- Experienced in studying analytics and tools like Google Analytics.
- Familiar with testing methodologies and agile processes.
Intern Program Perks:
- Workshops and Trainings: You will take part in an intern-wide workshop called “Spreetail Connect” where you will be developed as a professional, take deep dives into our company/departments, and learn new technology/tools.
- Real Life Experience: The work that you will do at Spreetail is meaningful and makes a lasting impact. You will work alongside our full-time team and take part in tasks and projects with them.
- Networking Opportunities: We partner with the Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development to connect us with local companies to provide networking opportunities. Throughout the summer, you will meet other interns through projects and activities.
- In-Depth Onboarding: You’ll take a deep dive into each of our departments, learn about our history and vision, and take part in hands-on projects in order to be as prepared as possible to take on your new role.
- Competitive Pay: We know the work that you’ll do is valuable, so we want to make sure you receive that value in return.
- Community Impact Project: Bring your passion for social impact as you will collaborate with other interns to implement an initiative to make positive change in our communities.
- Department Cross Training: We want to show you all aspects of our business and help you learn about the world of ecommerce.
- Casual Dress: Come as you are. Wear what makes you most comfortable so you can focus on making a difference.
- Professional & Personal Development: We’ll help you prepare for your future with resume reviews, weekly round-table discussions, and specialty skills trainings (ex: negotiation, efficient meetings, feedback techniques).
- Mentorship: You will be paired with two mentors: one inside your department and one outside your department. They will provide you with feedback to help identify opportunities to improve and grow in your role and as a professional.
- Social Events: Spreetail has organized events exclusively planned by interns for interns, as well as regular company outings for the team and our families.
- Tech Tools & Equipment: We provide you with all of the technology and tools you need to level up your skills and be successful in your role.
- Discount on Products: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell.
- Donation Matching: We want you to contribute to causes that you feel revolutionize your community. Starting your first day, Spreetail will match up to $250 each calendar year toward any nonprofit cause you choose.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.