UX Design & Research Manager
Who we are
Trustly’s PayWithMyBank is the leading Online Banking Payments product in the U.S., offering a high-UX conversion, high-payment authorization, low-cost, and no-fraud alternative to Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, et al.
Our customers (e.g., AT&T, eBay, DraftKings, Facebook, FanDuel, MoneyGram, Western Union) offer PayWithMyBank as an online payment method available to customers. We help our consumers deliver on a rich payment experience and grow their profits by increasing transaction volumes and reducing costs.
Consumers love our product because it’s simple and safe. They initiate payments on any device by signing into online banking without leaving the merchant’s site or app – no card or bank account numbers to provide.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team with employees worldwide. Our North American headquarters is located on the liveliest block in downtown Redwood City, CA within walking distance of Caltrain. Our global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden with regional offices in the U.K., Germany, Spain, Portugal, Malta, and Brazil.
Our vibe is fast-paced, casual, professional, positive, and fun!
Resilience: We adapt and find solutions. We are accountable. We never give up.
Humility: We accept and listen to others. We collaborate to achieve goals. We are professional.
Ingenuity: We innovate, automate, and simplify. We challenge traditional thinking. We strive for excellence.
About the role:
- The Trustly US team is seeking a creative and driven UX leader who will own the merchant or consumer user experience to drive best of class design thinking across Trusty’s entire product portfolio
- You will drive user experience thought leadership throughout the organization in partnership with Product Management
What you'll do
- Manage team of UX designers
- Own service presentation standards for merchants to drive conversion and share of checkout, and compliance with Risk requirements
- Recommend optimal placement and experience of Trustly’s product on merchant sites
- Determine best UX solutions based on business goals and customer feedback, and present a broad set of potential designs for any project
- Influence product and engineering executives through data, research, and storytelling
- Propose, organize and run user experience testing
- Mentor UX members in best practices, processes and methology
Who you are:
- 8+ years of work experience in user experience design and research
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Experience building both mobile and desktop experiences, including taking products from concept to launch
- Experience working with merchants on best practices
- Startup experience or mentality a plus
- Team leadership or management experience
- Able to conceptualize, articulate, wireframe, prototype, and collect user testing to iterate for best product market fit
- Deep experience with driving end user research, both qualitative and quantitative