Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four state contracts and our software has been deployed in more than 350 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
At RapidDeploy, the Design Researcher will work alongside and support the Product Design team in understanding customer and end-user needs, uncovering and prioritizing product and feature needs, and conducting usability assessments to aid in the introduction of new design elements, products, and features.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with members of the RapidDeploy design team (such) and other RapidDeploy teammates (such as Product, Development, Marketing, and Customer Success) to develop key research opportunities and questions based on business needs, market conditions and opportunities, and product management and engineering requirements
- Design and execute qualitative research projects to support the RapidDeploy design team and other disciplines:
- Plan and prioritize design research activities
- Conduct participant recruiting, participant screening, scheduling, and execute other relevant research preparation tasks
- Determine appropriate design research methods based on project objectives and team needs
- Prioritize and lead design research activities to investigate research questions and assess/evaluate product usability, remotely and in-person (depending on COVID-related risks)
- Synthesize needs and opportunities for external (e.g. customers, users) and internal (e.g. design, product, marketing) stakeholders
- Conduct supportive and proactive design research activities (e.g. secondary/desktop) to supplement primary design research
- Visualize and communicate research insights and opportunities to internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct proactive secondary/desktop research as possible to stay up-to-date on current trends, technologies, etc., pertinent and adjacent to emergency services and public safety
- Maintain a repository or database of research stories, insights, and other content gained from RapidDeploy research activities
- Enable and support teammates in design research activities to support your work
- Help build a welcoming, safe, collaborative, and playful culture on the design team and at RapidDeploy
- 3+ years of demonstrated professional experience conducting design or UX research work in complex, multi-stakeholder environments
- Extensive qualitative design research experience and skills including: 1:1 in-depth interviews, contextual inquiries, observation, focus/group interviews, concept testing, card sorts, usability assessments, workshop facilitation, remote interviews and studies, etc.
- Experience with managing design research planning and preparation (e.g. recruiting)
- Demonstrated experience leading and conducting synthesis activities, such as affinity mapping, and generating actionable insights for design teams
- Experience with creating and running remote user testing (e.g. UserTesting.com)
- Excellent communication skills (written and visual) and a demonstrated ability to communicate complex user and systemic insights and journeys to designers, developers, and other stakeholders
- Based in Austin, TX, or willing to relocate
- A BS or MS degree in design, human computer interaction, human factors, cognitive psychology, anthropology, or a related field
- Familiarity with digital design and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma), and the ability to create wireframes and mockups to communicate concepts to users is a plus
- Familiarity with user testing software platforms (e.g. UserTesting.com) is a plus
- Interest in emergency services and public safety
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.