Senior Product Designer
At Forge, we know our team is our greatest asset. We believe in the power and value of design in the creation of leading customer experiences. This role exists at the intersection of those two beliefs, and presents a unique opportunity for a Design leader to establish a world class practice within a fast-growing, growth stage technology environment.
As innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Forge is the company powering the leading platform for the private market economy, and we’ve raised over $85M to help folks at companies like Palantir, SpaceX and Robinhood get liquidity for their hard-earned equity to buy a house, pay medical bills or send their kids to college. With companies staying private longer and longer, we offer employees and founders financial freedom, which also helps companies retain a happy team when an IPO may be an unknown number of years away.
Needless to say, our ability to offer this freedom has generated incredible demand, and as such our team is growing to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way.
You are an experienced, passionate Designer. You continually strive to gain a deeper understanding of the problem and what it would mean for the user if we were to solve it. You balance user and product needs against feasibility and deliverability. You have skills to contribute at each stage of the entire design process from discovery and research, through all phases of visual design and even beyond launch.
You thrive in team settings, collaborating with other technology teams as well as representatives from sales, marketing, operations and other groups across the company. You are a skillful, articulate and prolific communicator, as one of your key approaches to successful collaboration.
At Forge, our Design approach includes creative space to think strategically about the long term, to explore and research the near future with customers and/or stakeholders, and to distill the creative process into a carefully crafted user experience for active development and refinement. The successful candidate’s portfolio will show their experience across these areas.
- Technical Capabilities: UI, UX, interaction, flows, hierarchies, layout, navigation, shape, color, typography, iconography, copy, brand integration and thoughtful collaboration with partner brands/experiences.
- Research: Partner with the Forge Product Team to work with customers and conduct research into needs, approaches to solving them, and refining the approach that you will help teams to build out. Create user journey maps and storyboards to map entire experiences from first impression to repeat interactions.
- Flexibility: comfortable with all levels of fidelity, from low-fi/paper concept wireframes and user experience mocks, to pixel-perfect guidance around moments and flows.
- Collaboration: An eager collaborator with Technology teams, Sales teams, Operations teams, and beyond.
- An undergraduate degree including a focus on Design, or equivalent experience applying your undergraduate degree in a design role.
- You have 3 or more years of experience designing products through the complete design and development lifecycle
- A stellar portfolio, exhibiting your fit with the “About You” section above through your work
- Examples of challenges, collaborations, championed efforts and other representative experiences representative of your delivering design excellence from within a technology company.
- Direct contribution in the design of consumer software product experiences.
- Alignment with Forge’s values of being bold, humble and accountable.
- Strong written skills that would fit with our products, company collateral and internal documentation.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the finance industry
- Experience at growth-stage startups
- A personal affinity with Forge’s place as an enabler and innovator in the private market, helping exciting companies changing the world for the better.
- Experience with our tools: Sketch, Abstract, Invision, and Figma
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.