Staff Product Designer
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
Healthcare is confusing. It’s hard to access, hard to understand, and hard to ensure you’re getting the right care that leads to the right outcomes. Grand Rounds exists to make a difference in all of it. Our vision is to raise the standards of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. We work alongside a company’s insurance plans, helping to guide people to the best care for them.
We’re a tight-knit, collaborative team of Product Designers and Researchers, working in close partnership with our Product Management and Engineering teams. We are passionate advocates for all of our users. We build tools for our award-winning Care Team, our Doctors, and our Clinicians, to empower them to provide the best possible care for our members. We build apps to help our members get easy access to the healthcare and information they need, anytime, anywhere. We’re passionate about improving the health and lives for our members, and transforming the confusing and archaic health system.
We’re looking for a Staff Product Designer to build a better future for healthcare with us. We’re looking for an experienced designer who can envision and deliver delightful, insightful, and engaging experiences, which will give our award-winning Care Team superpowers. You will lead design efforts to improve and build on our Care Platform.
You are a designer that is focused on your users, loves building professional tools, and is able to find clarity when working with complex systems. You are curious and have a drive to understand people’s motivations and behavior. You think systemically and like figuring out how all the pieces of a system fit together. You enjoy teaching others on how to best uncover and address user needs through elegant and insightfully designed experiences.
Cross-functional peers across the organization come to you for advice on how to better understand the impact they’re delivering in product, marketing, and sales. Your clear and inviting communication brings people along, and your empathy and connection help them effectively reach their users.
You build positive relationships with product managers, engineers, and front-line support. You value open and honest discussion and are always looking to learn. You wholeheartedly empathize with the human side of the patient experience and want to make healthcare delightful.
- A body of work that clearly demonstrates insight, empathy, and an ability to tackle complex problems on behalf of users
- Minimum 8 years of experience in design, with an emphasis on shipping useful, usable, and powerful professional tools
- Mastery of current design tools, responsive web design standards, and the current state-of-the-art for consumer-facing experiences.
- Passionate advocacy for high-quality design, execution, and implementation of enterprise, support, or B2B apps.
- Experience developing, testing, and refining concepts based on research, insights, and brand vision.
- Comfort managing a project from inception through execution. Able to see the broader picture while delighting in the quality and nuance of the specifics.
- Compelling communication capabilities. You understand that telling the story or our work is one of the most impactful parts of what we do.
- Enterprise experience within the Salesforce ecosystem. Deep understanding of the Lightning design framework.
- Partnership with engineering to build and extend UI frameworks that translate design concepts into fully realized code elements.
- Experience with Design Sprints as a participant or as a moderator.
- Real passion for medical and health care services, and a belief that technology can transform how we access and utilize healthcare.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.