The Job in Short
Create beautiful, interactive, validated and user-tested experiences within Backbase’s Business Banking product line.
Alongside end-to-end UI/UX Product Design, you’ll be working in a team of 7 designers, driving ideation, prototyping, user testing and detailed design across the full lifecycle.
Meet the Job
This is an exciting position in a fast-growing area of Backbase. Fintech is one of the hottest markets at the moment and there is enormous scope for talented UI/UX designers to greatly improve user experiences for customers of banks. Our Business Banking product team is at the centre of a global transformation, creating experiences that impact more than 70 million people on a daily basis.
You’ll be a critical member of a team focused on Trade-Finance, working directly with the Product, Design and Developer Leads to design beautiful, elegant experiences; influencing the full product lifecycle from a ‘user’ perspective.
Most importantly, you will be the voice of the user at Backbase. You'll need to be passionate about understanding what businesses want from their banks both now and in the future. We are looking for designers who genuinely care about the design process and how financial applications can better help businesses; tackling scenarios that positively impact an SME's or Corporations' financial success.
We have a great, creative culture in the Design team with over 50 UI/UX Designers and Researchers working across organisation. We are looking for someone who will be a great addition to this team, bringing creativity, passion and experience.
How about you?
- You have 3-5 years’ experience in UI/UX design for web and mobile applications;
- You have experience in working with complex information-heavy products and interactions (e.g. forms, data, workflows);
- You have a background in Product Design, either in formal training and/or qualifications;
- You have a strong understanding of interactive design fundamentals;
- You have a strong, applied knowledge of Design System fundamentals and principles;
- You are proficient in Design tools (e.g. Sketch) and Prototyping tools (e.g. Invision, Marvel);
- You have experience working with User Testing and Research;
- You have experience as a designer working in an Agile team environment throughout lifecycle;
- You have a good knowledge of HTML and CSS;
- You have strong collaboration and teamwork experience. Experience in leading other designers is a good plus;
- You are passionate about best-practice design methodologies and technologies;
- You have excellent communication skills in English;
- Please include a link to your online portfolio on your resume.