Dots is an independent mobile game studio based in NYC that creates unique games with thoughtful design. We have released three hit titles (Dots, Two Dots, and Dots & Co) with over 100 million downloads and with more projects on the horizon, we are looking to add to our diverse and talented team.
We are looking for an exceptional UI designer to help out specifically on our popular mobile game Two Dots, with various user interface design tasks for upcoming new features for the game on a contract basis.
This is a Contract role. We expect the contract length to be a full time commitment (8hrs/day, 5 days a week) for 3 months starting in October 2020. Please only apply if you are available for the expected contract length. Note: our office is in New York City, but we are currently working remotely and are open to remote contractors.
- Be a part of our team of Visual Designers that design features for Two Dots.
- Collaborate with the greater cross-functional Two Dots team.
- Be responsible for UX/UI design tasks, from wireframes to visual polish.
We will be a great match if you:
- Have a sharp eye for details - you love typography, iconography, color and design systems and have a high taste level for quality design.
- Are flexible in your UX/UI skillset and can jump from making wireframes and userflow charts to polished visual design.
- Are an excellent communicator and can explain your thought process and present design concepts clearly.
- Can take design direction and feedback on your work.
- Have experience using tools like Figma and Principle to build out visual designs.
We are looking for:
- Portfolio samples demonstrating excellent polished, production ready UI design for apps or mobile games.
- Experience in building out visual designs from wireframes to final visual polish (Heads up: the candidate will be asked to walk through an example Figma file that they have designed. Figma is the tool of choice for Two Dots).
- A passionate, collaborative teammate who is excited to work on a beautiful mobile game!
- You love games and are excited about how UI design can enhance a player’s experience.
- You dabble in illustration and have portfolio examples of vector art or icon design.
Note: We are a small team reviewing a large volume of portfolios and applicants. Thank you for your patience!