Head of UX Writing
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We're looking for an experienced leader to manage our UX Writing team. You’ll provide direction and guidance to a mighty group of seasoned UX writers who work across many products and features.
You’re a leader who has an incredible eye for detail, high emotional intelligence, and the ability to think big, break new ground, and impact the business. You have experience leading UX Writing / Content Strategy teams, and are excited about the opportunity to continue growing the discipline and the team at Lyft and evangelizing content strategy as a design practice.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team of UX writers, providing direction and pushing the quality of the work
- Represent the discipline of UX Writing across the Design team and the company
- Establish a team strategy and vision
- Lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered content
- Build relationships with cross-functional team members and executives across organizations, and effectively speak to process, goals, and team vision
- Help the team become more efficient by improving processes and workflows
- Identify opportunities for the writing team to offer a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process, and to lead projects and initiatives
- 8+ years UX writing experience
- 5+ years management experience
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining UX writing teams
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.