Design thinking and user experience are at the forefront of everything we do. The work of a Product Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, exciting and even magical. In a Product Designer role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for Voice users around the world, from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert.
Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process, from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our Voice users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
- Bachelor’s degree in a UX-related field (human-computer interaction, human factors, behavioral research, or graphic design), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in designing mobile interfaces from pre-launch to post-launch.
- Experience with Design Systems.
- Strong analytical thinking and deductive skills.
- Demonstrated strong layout design skills and ability to convey complex ideas in a straightforward, simple and visually elegant manner.
- Knowledge of Usability Testing Principles.
- Proficiency in design and UX software (e.g. Figma, Invision, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Abstract, Lucidchart)
- Knowledge of interaction design and information architecture.
- Strong portfolio of design projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of website usability/web optimization, UX, and responsive designs.
- Ability to manage high work volumes and process multiple projects simultaneously and follow up on projects with a strong sense of urgency.
- Collaborative and organized with strong communication skills.
- Sketch, prototype, and test designs early and often.
- Work with other designers to raise the quality bar and contribute to our design system of components, styles, and interactions.
- Partner with product managers to define a project roadmap that directs the entire team. Work closely with engineers to build, iterate on, and ship concepts
- Advocate design processes, principles, and tools to colleagues.
- Create and manage UX documentation including wireframes, storyboards, and sitemaps.
- Collaborate with UX Researcher on user testing.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
At Voice, we are on a mission to take social media back from big tech. Voice is the first social media platform that empowers communities to self-govern, champions realness and respects user data.
We are compliant with official health and safety guidelines for COVID-19 workplace conditions, including social distancing and working remotely as appropriate. This position may begin working remotely, however the ability to work on-site in our Brooklyn, New York or Blacksburg, Virginia office is expected (as official guidelines evolve).
Voice is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status