Good design and user experience isn't an afterthought at Morty – it's core to our mission and our key competitive advantage. Mortgages are complicated, but we believe that good design can make them easier. At Morty, design impacts every part of our business from marketing, to product, engineering, acquisition, loan origination, and partnerships.
As a product designer at Morty, you'll have a broad impact by helping to understand our customers and translating their needs into products that help the business achieve its goals.
Who we’re looking for
- Minimum of 4 years experience working with the entire design lifecycle including product strategy, research, UI/UX design, visual design, prototyping and user testing.
- Ability to execute, lead, and oversee functional visual and interaction designs, including layout, hierarchy, typography, composition, UX, and UI.
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and nuanced product workflows and translate them to simple, intuitive designs.
- Strong product mindset and willingness to collaborate with engineering, marketing and loan origination teams to shape the product and user experience.
- You enjoy creating elegant, well-researched and tested solutions, but you’re agile and pragmatic enough to know when and how to make compromises in order to ship faster and continuously iterate.
- Strong quantitative skills and a desire and willingness to learn about the mortgage industry.
- Expertise in Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Suite.
- Self-sufficient prototyping skills in programs like Invision.
- Experience using analytics platforms to inform your design decisions.
- Great and accessible location in West SoHo / Hudson Square near many great restaurants and train stations (the 1, A/C/E, and F/M).
- Public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans to help you manage your commute.
- We love our pets. And we love your pets, too! We’re a dog-friendly office.
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you!
We're revolutionizing the $10.4 trillion mortgage industry with the best tech and the best people!