At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing millions of orders a year. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional agile squad that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better engineer, designer and product manager.
Product Designer (Internal Product), APAC
We are looking for a talented Product designer to help us create and improve the overall experience for our users. We believe that good design and user experience (UX) is at the forefront of everything we do. The role of a Product Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels natural and familiar. you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for different people across our markets.
You’ll be working with backend, frontend and infrastructure engineers together with product managers and other stakeholders to turn user needs into delightful designs. You'll be supported by user researchers and other designers in addressing and solving complex problems. You will have the freedom to innovate in a lean structure in order to drive and execute design work, from concepts to detailed designs for build (UX and UI).
What's on the menu:
- Execute across all phases of design work: define conceptual foundations, execute UX flows, apply visual design systems, prototype using a variety of tools and methods, participate or conduct usability testing, create production-ready designs and support multi-disciplinary teams during implementation
- Collaborate with peers in other design teams and contribute to the global design community
- Inspire, push creativity and identify industry best practices for user experience within your team
- Ensure that the quality of implementation meets design requirements
What you can bring to the table:
- At least 3 years of experience in user experience design
- A digital portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, dynamic user experiences, a data-driven mindset and a knack for designing web apps
- In-depth understanding in visual and system design
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, sitemaps
- Familiarity with user research including moderated and unmoderated usability testing
- Consideration for long-term sustainability in all design decisions, with a focus on engineering feasibility and business impact
- Experience working with Sketch and other prototyping and design tools such as InVision, Illustrator and Photoshop required
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.