Vortexa is looking for a UX/UI Designer to join our Marketing & Design team in London and have a direct impact on our products and ambitious growth plans. In this role, your responsibilities will include behavioural research, creating prototypes, fixing product pain points and designing impressive and intuitive product features and webpages.
You will report to the Head of Marketing & Design and work closely with Product Strategy, Application Development and Data Science teams.
You must be highly organised and a driven self-starter, with a passion for design and enjoy working in a fast-paced, friendly and continuously evolving start-up environment.
· Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce intuitive user interfaces and web pages
· Gather, understand and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the product lead and other stakeholders
· Proactively conduct user and market research, and review user behavioural trends to continuously improve our existing products and drive ideas for new features and products
· Conduct usability testing and identify and troubleshoot UX problems
· Work closely with the broader tech and product teams to understand what is possible from a data and development perspective
· Deliver all design stages from concept through to final hand-off to engineering
· Design beautiful interfaces and webpages in-keeping with the Vortexa design systems and guidelines
· Present and explain decisions based on your deep understanding of design theory and experience
· Get involved with everything design related, including content, web and product
You will have:
· 5+ years as a UX/UI designer or similar role
· A strong passion for design, psychology and technology
· Knowledge of design, prototyping and research tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC and Full Story
· Experience with user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
· Knowledge of design systems and UI frameworks
· A close attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
· A creative and analytical approach to problem-solving
· The ability to work both independently and within teams
· Growth mindset, seeking continuous improvement
· An understanding and appreciation of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
· A degree or equivalent qualification in Design
· Animation skills an advantage
In return we offer...
· A vibrant and diverse place to work, we are a company pushing ourselves and technology to deliver beyond the cutting edge
· An open, collaborative, and supportive working culture built on merit, which celebrates creative thinking and ‘getting things done’
· A competitive remuneration package
· Private health care
· The opportunity to work with AI driven technology in a start-up environment with industry experts in commodity trading
· Equity options - we're all acting as business-savvy and responsible company owners, whilst having fun and enjoying the journey together along the way
· Continuous training and development opportunities
· Work Perks - discounted travel and cinema tickets, shopping and travel
· Friday socials, games and monthly pizza (currently this is 'Virtual Vortexa Friday' with updates, knowledge sharing sessions led by colleagues and fun stuff!)
At Vortexa, our mission is to open, connect and optimise the energy world through pioneering technology and unmatched market information. We work at the frontier of technology applied to the energy markets and together we are creating the future of our industry.
Working at Vortexa is fast-paced yet extremely rewarding - we set big goals, encourage brave ideas and strive to innovate in everything we do. After all, the decisions we make today are set to impact one of the world’s biggest industries tomorrow. you can expect a stimulating environment with a collaborative spirit; all whilst maintaining creative independence and hands-on approach that only a start-up can offer.
All of our employees are shareholders, meaning that the entire team is equally committed to Vortexa’s vision. To support you on your journey, we offer private healthcare, monthly workshops led by our team of experts and socials every Friday to thank you for all the hard work put in during the week.
We are passionate about equality, diversity and inclusivity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and guarantee all of our team members the same opportunities and rewards regardless of their gender, race, age, belief system or sexual orientation.