Lead Product Designer
About the product
Lick is a direct-to-consumer home decor brand that launched earlier this year, check out our brand on instagram.
We’re targeting the >$200bn European home decor market because we believe that a simple change in design can have a massive impact on the way we feel about the spaces we spend our lives in. And that excites us.
We’re replacing the stresses of the outdated decorating industry with a simplified journey and customer-centric experience.
Our products are created with the modern lifestyle in mind. From the durable and low-odour paints, artisan wallpaper to the high quality decorating tools, and our true-to-colour stick-on samples, all delivered right to your door, we are determined to make it easier to decorate than ever before.
About the company
Lick was started in 2019 by Lucas London and Sam Bradley - both experienced startup entrepreneurs. The team have raised $5m, with the latest round led by Felix Capital, a digital-lifestyle focused venture capital firm which has previously backed leading global platforms such as Farfetch, Peloton, goop and Deliveroo. They join investors that include the founders of Innocent Drinks (JamJar), Lovefilm, Zoopla, Carwow, Cazoo, and partners of Piton Capital, Talis Capital and Samos and Magnus Rausing @ MAHR Projects.
Lick is focused on building a disruptive home decor brand that is obsessed with helping people transform their home with ease and a smile.
About the role
We are looking for Senior UX/ UI designer with exceptional talent with 7+ years of experience to join our start up in London.
You will be working closely with various parts of the business to lead the mobile first user experience at Lick Home starting with a redesign of the PDP. You are an organised self-starter and are always on the lookout to improve customer experience. You must also have good interpersonal skills, excellent communication and organisation skills.
Your knowledge of UX will be vital to us, choosing the best design strategies and coming up with new ideas and ways of working to solve customer problems. You understand the value of user testing and prototyping and thrive in a fast paced startup environment.
You will be championing customer needs, making innovative cross device recommendations for improving the experience of our website. You will be defining user flows, site structures and site maps. You will develop processes to validate ideas with internal stakeholders, customers.
You will lead and use direct customer research, market analysis, feedback, site metrics and usability findings to tailor designs for customer needs and will be responsible for developing ideas from concept to completion. This includes all phases of the design process including conceptual design/ development, interface design, interactive prototypes and user/task flows. You will be working closely with the head of product, developers and the CMO.
- You will be the Lead Product Designer responsible for developing ideas from concept to completion across all aspects of our core site at lickhome.com
- Own all phases of the design process including conceptual design/development, interface design, interactive prototypes and user/tasks flows.
- Working closely with the Head of Product, the development team and the CMO to define goals and ultimately deliver an optimised user experience across all aspects of our core website
- Champion customer needs; sharing customer insights with all internal stakeholders, helping drive and contributing to, the customer centric approach to everything we do at Lick
- Using UX best practice to inform decision making including; direct customer research, market analysis, feedback, site metrics and usability findings etc.
- Using UX best practice to communicate and manage internal stakeholders from User flows, site structures, and sitemaps to communicate effectively and ensure effective implementation
- Owning all aspects of the UX on our core site, managing communication and working effectively with all internal stakeholders to ensure customers needs are met and demonstrated through top performance at all stages of the customer life cycle on our core site, including an initial redesign of PDP and beyond
The experience we are looking for
- 7+ years UX/ UI experience in an ecommerce or high growth business
- Demonstrable experience building high performing mobile first and responsive designs
- Proven experience of UCD design principles and methodologies, with an ability to conduct competitor analysis & benchmarking, create user journeys, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Solid understanding of UCD, human interface guidelines, standards, and best practices as they apply to various platforms and devices
- Experience of running qualitative user research, quantitative analytics metrics independently to aid insight driven design
- Experience in optimising designs for all screen sizes
- Experience designing for accessibility guidelines
- Experience in running collaboration sessions via discovery workshops and working closely with a development team
- Have a keen interest and awareness of future developments in website, mobile, software and technology trends and innovations
- Knowledge of AB Testing methodologies and tools
- Experience in Interaction Design and ability to work in partnership with a UI designers where required
- Experience in Motion Graphics?illustration skills
- Experience managing and mentoring and recruiting team members
- Demonstrable experience and interest in the latest trends and methodologies
- Organised, enjoy working to deadlines to deliver the best results possible
- Self Starter, you understand the companies strategy and priorities and are capable of defining and developing creative solutions to get there
- Customer focused with demonstrable experience in driving results through improved UX
- Excellent communication, demonstrable experience working with Founders and Product owners to ensure UX is optimised at all stages of the Customer lifecycle
- Determined, always eager to find the best most effective way to get to the best result in the most optimised way
- Emphatic, while analytical in your approach you are capable of intuitively anticipating user requirements, needs, pain points to improve experience and use your skills and UX methodologies to validate and optimise for best performance
- Demonstrable flair for communication, taking stakeholders along the UX journey in a cohesive manner; whether that’s in communicating ideas to clients and stakeholders or through conducting an in-depth interview with a test user and beyond
- Analytical, you can use data and identify patterns, pain points, wants, needs of the user and finding solutions from this information rather than jumping to conclusions based on assumptions.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity package
- You’ll get first-hand experience delivering the launch and growth of a young, fast moving, and ambitious company.
- 26 days holiday (including your birthday off) + bank holidays, with a relaxed approach.
- Lick products allowance
- Relaxed work from home policy