Digital Product Designer
Role: Product Designer
Reporting to: Product Design Lead
Brand: Photobox Group
Location: Farringdon, London
Who We Are
Our mission is to create closer connections by making moments real. With over 12 million active users across 13 countries we are Europe’s leading digital consumer service for personalised products and gifts. We bring magic to our customers’ photos, words and feelings by turning them into precious objects that make them smile, laugh and, sometimes, cry.
We’re in the business of ‘one-of-a-kind’ and so delighting each and every customer is central to everything we do.
We face all the traditional challenges and opportunities of a classic e-commerce provider, with the added complexity of the fact that all our products are printed on demand. This brings with it the need for a highly flexible, yet easy to use, creation capability to enable our users to personalize their purchases to their heart’s content.
What You’ll Be Doing
We strongly believe in the value of good design, and believe it is a primary differentiator in an increasingly crowded marketplace. So we’re on the lookout for a product designer to be part of a group of talented product designers to develop and improve our online shopping experience.
In this role, you’ll be part of a small team of customer-centric designers working across multiple products and services within a goal-driven group of our experience. You should have a strong Product Design process, from conceptual discovery through to hands-on design / experience delivery. You should love to problem solve for real world customers, and excel at communicating your ideas and designs back to stakeholders and peers.
In this role you will be deeply embedded within a product facing team to intimately understand the customer and the product, whilst also supporting and driving experience with your product design peers within your goal-driven group.
Your role as a semi-autonomous designer will be to ensure design initiatives ladder up to company goals and support cross-functional initiatives while driving innovation, creativity and delivery of first-class design in order to solve customer problems.
You’ll be expected to champion design and customer thinking and to apply your passion for craft, user experience, and design fidelity to guide and create innovative experiences. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviours, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design.
You’ll also work closely with your peers in Product, Engineering and Data to strategically shape the teams and pillars goals, direction and activities to meet customer-driven needs. To do that, we’re looking for someone who is as curious about the impact of their work as they are passionate about creating it.
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design challenges.
- Understanding our customer intimately to drive, shape and influence the strategic direction of digital products from the voice of the customer.
- Partner with other designers and partners across teams to guide projects from discovery to delivery.
- Help to define and ensure that experience design principles are common across all product teams
- Identify growth paths for your people and help them develop the skills they need to be invaluable members of cross-functional product teams
- Work with our marketing and commercial teams, leveraging data, customer insights and analytics, to embed them in the design process to make agile product and feature development decisions.
You are spot on if:
- You have a strong understanding of Design Thinking, Lean, and Agile methodologies.
- You have experience with developing and applying design systems through front-end development, pattern and component libraries.
- You’ve led workshops, design studios, sprints and other co-design sessions.
- You are all about hands-on customer-centric UX; its foundational principles, methods and processes.
- You are able to identify and hypothesise customer problems and deliver wireframes, journey maps, audits and supporting designs to meet requirements.
- Excellent Visual design skills.
- You have a sharp eye for detail and good communication skills.
- You are detail orientated.
What Do You Get From Us?
- We build small, collaborative, cross-functional teams that push each other to create elegant, simple solutions to hard customer problems.
- We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become the most awesome place towork.
- This is a place where you can get your teeth into doing business differently, and enjoy it. Business might be serious, but we don’t always have to take ourselves too seriously
- Yearly bonus
- Flexible working
- Support for parents through maternity and paternity policies and flexible working
- Working in our spacious offices in the heart of Farringdon
- Access to our learning platform
- Funded wellbeing - including discounted gyms, yoga and bootcamps in the office
- Healthcare, dental and life assurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Choice of MacBook/PC
- Mental health and wellbeing support available 24/7
- Coffee machine and fresh fruit in the office
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the team
- Games in the office, including table tennis and table football
- Weekly football games
- Credits to spend each year on Photobox
- Monthly team outings, including regular company-wide drinks at our local
- 25 days of holiday a year (excluding public holidays) increasing each year up to 30