LayrCake is bespoke software development company like no others! We build micro-services and Enterprise grade software in weeks not years. We are fast growing start up with a lots of interesting projects. We develop exciting apps in house as well as for our clients. LayrCake’s unique solution makes developing bespoke mobile Apps faster and to much higher standards using Low-Code
We are fun and energetic start-up to work with. We truly value people who are passionate about their work, as well as working well under pressure, appreciate those who are proactive and have a need to progress and improve.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our team. You will work closely with our Artistic Director and Project Director to create outstanding designs and user experiences as well as exceptional and intuitive application design.
You will work in a fast paced environment, conducting user research, user flow, prototyping and wire-framing new features and designs, as well as improving existing designs. You will be using best practises and you will learn how to adopt LayrCake proprietary methodologies.
Although your main focus will be on app design, you’ll be working in the centre of a growing start-up with plenty of room to gain experience and try a variety of roles including: marketing, social media relations and creative content.
• Take ownership and lead the UI/UX design, bringing to life the customer experience and the business vision/mission.
• Create the best version of the product with the time/resources and iterate on designs to help ensure we are solving problems, using the best solutions.
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with project managers
• Illustrate design ideas using brain storming, storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
• Develop wireframes, high-fidelity designs and prototypes that clearly illustrate how apps function and look like.
• Design, management and maintenance of the iOS and Android applications.
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
• Work alongside in-house Artistic Director to implement the vision and design scheme as well as with iOS, Android and web developers.
• Working closely with the rest of the team, communicating your ideas and progress to your manager
• Being able to present and explain to the team and to the clients how the product meets the user's needs by communicating their imagination in words
We are looking for a talented mid-level Product Designer
• You’re a driven designer and have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in delivering both UX & UI design, including experience in mobile and native applications.
• You’ve got proven mobile design and proven UI experience on mobile app design and web: working with sketches, prototypes, wireframes, user flows and UI interactions.
• You are passionate about creating beautiful, interesting UI but at the same time you understand the necessity to balance design, functionality and business needs.
• You’ve used Figma, Lucidchart, Trello boards and are an Adobe Creative Cloud expert (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks).
• You're able to work independently but enjoy collaborations and love feedback, not afraid to get involved with multiple projects.
• Effective in communicating and telling the story about your work, that should leave your team and later the clients feeling interested and engaged in your solution, and should provide enough rationale to convince us that your solution is a good one
• A strong understanding of Design Thinking and how to practically apply it as you solve complex problems for our users.
• Being passionate about design and you’re always on top of the latest design trends (Dribbble, Apple Humans)
• You’re a quick learner, always open-minded and curious, and eager to learn new skills.
• You’ve got a can-do attitude and have a proactive approach to your work
• Enjoy working on different kinds of problems
• Desire to blend within company culture
Working at LayrCake
We have offices in London Paddington. However some of us are working remotely. We are flexible on working arrangements, as long as you will be able to catch up with us for occasional team meetings, socials and free drinks!
• Company laptop and screen
• Flexible/ Remote Work
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Free Friday drinks
• Team socials every month
Please get in touch with us if you would love to work with fun and energetic start-up with lots of opportunities and great challenges. We are looking forward hearing from you and seeing your portfolio.
Thank you! LayrCake Team