About the role
UX Writers are thought partners for their stakeholders, namely Product Managers, Engineers/Developers, business teams, Researchers, and of course Designers. Writers have a mandate to provide users’ point of view by emphasizing their situation and condition and bringing them to discussions or brainstorms when collaborating with the rest of their stakeholders. UX Writers are expected to own a strong design-thinking and research or data-driven mindset in their day-to-day life. They are able to translate business goals, technical problems, research points into words or a copy set. They can write for many different sets of audiences, produce design point of views and solutions, conduct mini or larger research projects, collaborate with other Writers or Designers outside the team.
What you will do
- Work on at least 1 to 2 product groups or streams with minimum supervision of a Senior Writer.
- Participate in an end-to-end design process with peer researchers, designers, product, and engineering team
- Manage own tasks responsibly, make recommendations for their own and junior writers, seek feedback from relevant stakeholders
- QA the quality of output by self and mentee/junior writer and improving the quality over time
- Get buy-ins for your solutions or ideas from stakeholders
- Manage projects and expected to deliver accordingly based on the timeline
- Transfer knowledge to peer/junior writers
- Attend design reviews and give critiques accordingly
What you will need
- Should have at least 2 years of experience in the UX/advertising/creative writing industry
- Possess a vast knowledge of grammar both in English and Indonesian
- Possess a good knowledge of writing fundamentals such as structured thinking, critical, and creative thinking in order to develop their writing output
- Possess a good knowledge of product design such as design thinking framework and other frameworks in order to develop writing
- Possess insatiable curiosity to know your users, and how to make their lives better
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty to find out the root cause of an issue, or to validate your copy and or solution, either through quantitative or qualitative research
- Stellar skills in project management, stakeholders management, collaboration across roles, problem-solving, and seeking and giving feedback
- Firm empathy and able to put the team’s needs above self (it’s not about you!)
About the team
Gojek Design Team is made up of ~100 designers spread across 2 countries and ~7 teams.
We have people from a wide range of backgrounds and skills. Among us, we have designers who are experts in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, UX Writing, Illustration, Service Design, UX Research, and Motion Design. We envision, create and build products and services that meaningfully improve the lives of our users.
Over the last 4 years Gojek Design has grown with the rest of the organization building 24+ products. During this time, we have continuously evolved our processes, improved the quality of our outcomes, expanded our reach within the organization, and relentlessly advocated for our customers. We value constructive criticism, passionate debates, keeping work fun.
Our aim is not just to design the products, but also to educate everyone around us on what design is, and why it makes sense to always start with the users, and work backwards.
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.