UX Research Lead
Eventbrite serves an incredibly diverse user base across a complex ecosystem of software, hardware and services. We are building a team of diversely skilled and experienced researchers to inform our strategies and product roadmaps via a broad range of methodological approaches and deep collaborative synthesis.
Eventbrite’s “small but mighty” Research Team is growing fast. Having proven our value, we will be adding several new team members in the months ahead. We are looking to hire new teammates in multiple locations, at multiple levels in their careers, and with multiple methodological leanings (generative, qual, quant, mixed methods, evaluative, ux, usability, etc.) Collectively, we’ll impact both company-level strategy and feature-level user experience.
In this role you will lead varied research studies appropriate to your level and specialization, collaborate with fellow researchers and cross-functional teammates as we synthesize learnings across projects, advise and supervise research work executed by others, and partner with our Research Ops Manager as we collectively evolve our research processes, practices, and tools. All researchers will report to the Head of Research, who in turn reports to our Chief Product Officer.
THE SKILL SET
- 7+ years of research experience
- Excellent communication, organization, and collaboration skills
- Experienced in fast-paced software product development with very diverse user segments
- Cares deeply about the craft of research and producing high quality deliverables
- Cares equally deeply about having both strategic impact and human impact
- Integrity, empathy, adaptability, and tenacity
- Enterprise UXR (users hold different roles within their organizations; software/service mix)
- Marketplace UXR (ecosystem of event creators and event goers)
- “Full Stack” Research Generalist - Expertise across a broad range of methodologies
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
- Multi-lingual / Multi-cultural
Eventbrite is a the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.