UX Design Intern
As a User Experience Intern at Lucid, you will be collaborating with a talented, motivated team of deep, empathetic thinkers in researching, concepting, and defining what it means to work visually. You’ll be designing workflows, interactions, and paradigms that support our customers in their pursuit to see more, know more, and do more.
Our mission is to empower people to see and understand how their business works, so they can innovate faster. And we hold true to our core values of: (1) innovation in everything we do; (2) passion & excellence in every area; (3) providing individual empowerment, initiative and ownership; and (4) teamwork over ego.
- Design experiences, interactions, and features that improve product value for continued growth and success
- Thoroughly define customer problems, clearly define design solutions, and provide detailed deliverables within Agile/Scrum system constraints
- Develop partnership with product managers to understand business needs
- Support engineers in translating and implementing your designs
- Seek out opportunities to improve the product experience beyond the standard design purview
- Positively contribute to design team culture and help evangelize design within organization
- Basic understanding of UX design principles: usability, interface design, iconography, etc.
- Basic understanding of core design methods: sketching, wireframing, storyboarding, etc.
- Ability to use deadlines and milestones to deliver design value within an Agile environment
- Basic knowledge of user-research methodologies
- Understanding of industry trends and relevant UX discipline topics
- Ability to develop design rationale and work collaboratively with others
- Quickly learns from others to improve knowledge, augment skills, and adjust processes to be more effective, and demonstrate bias towards finding solutions vs. shutting down ideas
- Available to start May 2021
- Working towards a degree in graphic design, industrial design, human computer interaction, architecture, multidisciplinary design, user experience, psychology, English, computer science, or a related field, or a recent graduate with demonstrated competence in user experience design
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum environment
At Lucid Software our core values aren't just a pretty inspirational wall hanging. These principles work hard, just like we do. Lucidites use them, every day, whether they're discussing ideas for new projects, deciding on the best solution for a customer's problem, or interviewing candidates. It's just one of the many things that makes Lucid Software the best company to work for. Check out our Life at Lucid page and see how our core values align with yours.
We celebrate a diverse and an inclusive work environment, where we honor and support varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives for the benefit of our business, including our employees and products. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that has signed the Parity Pledge and strives to be a place where every Lucidite feels they belong. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.