Senior Product Designer
Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who are we looking for:
Geotab is always looking for amazing people who are passionate about building products customers love. We are seeking a Senior Product Designer to work with our Data & Analytics teams in building out solutions for our customers using big data, machine learning and other exciting technologies.
What are the details of this position:
As a Senior Product Designer, you will play a key role leading projects end-to-end across product and experiences related to data and analytics for our customers. You will empathize with our users and deliver products that meet their evolving needs. Reporting to the UX Manager, you will work with a multidisciplinary team of Product Designers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Developers. You will be responsible for product design and will contribute to the roadmap and product vision. In this role, you may also mentor early-stage designers, synthesize data, advance design across the company, and facilitate product design conversations with the senior leadership. You will work on end-to-end solutions, meaning you will likely contribute to Geotab products such as MyGeotab, MyAdmin, Geotab Drive and more.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Own projects from start to finish, leading design initiatives such as planning, sketching, prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews
- Collaborate closely with teams of designers, product managers, and developers to prototype, test and ship the best products for our customers
- Work closely with data scientists and UX researchers to determine and plan the best methods and tools based on objectives and constraints
- Synthesize data for data-informed product and design decision making; informing and identifying new product and feature opportunities
- Mentor earlier stage designers across the design team; level up the team, help to improve best practices, processes and tooling
- Help build a high-functioning design team and culture; contributing to hiring processes, providing thoughtful feedback in design critiques, identifying internal and external opportunities to level up design at Geotab
- 5 - 7 years of professional experience in Product Design working with a product or technology company is required
- Passion for solving complex problems; ability to organize large amounts of information and simplify complex processes is essential
- Deep knowledge of product design, including common interaction patterns used and associated trade-offs, and best practices for responsive web, Android, and iOS interfaces is required
- Experience collaborating closely with product management, engineering, and research would be helpful
- Ability to develop high-level design strategy and vision is necessary for success in this role
- Ability to communicate insights clearly and provide recommendations to various stakeholders, including senior leadership, is required
- Proficiency in user interface design and tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision, Principle, etc.
Our Core Values:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Geotab is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com.