At Pixie Labs, we build machine intelligence systems which empower developers to engineer the future. Our first product, Pixie (now in beta) is being built for engineers to live-debug their distributed environments using no-instrumentation, streaming & unsampled auto-telemetry.
We are a team of builders and we’ve spent the last decade building scaled out data and machine learning systems working in teams like Google, Apple, Nvidia, Amazon, Intel, Stanford, MIT and UC Berkeley.
- Lead design function for public-beta and GA products by working closely with the founding team.
- Own end to end experience design which drives design and development efforts.
- Support execution of data viz design, visual design, and UI development.
- Easily grasp and contribute to high-level strategy, roadmap, and brand identity.
- Lead collaborative design sprints with the founding engineering team and customers.
- Translate complex technical concepts into clear wireframes/designs.
- Experience building complex technical developer products.
- Experience leading the design of greenfield zero-to-one products.
- Experience with leading experience design.
- Strong generalist with some prior experience in data visualization, visual and IxD.
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication.
- 5+ years of design/engineering experience.
- BS/MS in CS or HCI (or equivalent).
- HTML/CSS/JS for prototyping is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as D3/Vega is a plus.
Founded in late 2018, we are a San Francisco based Series A startup backed by top investors such as Benchmark (New Relic, Docker, Hortonworks, Uber, etc.) and GV (Slack, Cloudera, Stripe, CoreOS, etc.). We are currently heads down building up Pixie for broad use by the end of this year. If you have question or are interested in learning more visit our website or email-us