UI/UX Designer (Contract)
You will be part of an exciting and dynamic team that is changing the way that millions of learners engage with the edX platform. Specifically, you will work closely with cross-functional teams, create medium to high fidelity designs, and contribute to brand efforts across edx.org!
The Experience team within edX is growing! Our Agile workflow and embedded structure allows the group to influence and shape the user experience across the edX platform. Currently the UX team is 4 people and we sit inside the larger Experience team of 10.
- Designing medium to high fidelity pages for our marketing website to support the rollout of our rebranding project
- Collaborating with product marketing and the experience team to identify and design reusable page templates
- Designing and documenting reusable patterns for our design system
- Producing visual specs and documentation to support engineering efforts
- Partnering with engineering to review front end work and collaborate towards refinements in sprint
- Pair design with UX team members to help solve for some of our more complex workflows and produce designs for concept validation
- Sharing your work early and often with the project and experience team members
- Attention to detail and follow through in producing multiple iterations of your work to reach the best solution for the project
- Recent experience in UI/UX roles ~4+ years
- The desire to partner with a cross-functional team to reach great solutions
- Experience with delivering UI/UX work for Product Development in an Agile environment
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written) that build and foster collaborative relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Experience with designing within brand standards and contribution to design systems
Nice to have
- UI animation interest and understanding
- Mobile UI design
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.