Junior UI Designer
About the opportunity
Our marketing website is our primary communication channel, lead engine, knowledge base, partner management tool and brand image asset. As we grew, our website transformed into a complex digital product with high requirements on user experience, functionality and communication design.
You will support the Lead UX/UI Designer in constantly improving our UI design, designing and redesigning pages, creating, maintaining and documenting components in our Design System. You’ll work collaboratively within a cross-functional, agile team alongside the Lead UX/UI Designer, a Product Owner, and three Developers
What to expect?
- Opportunity to design in systems. Your designs will be part of complex user flows and fit into a big picture. You will design functioning systems rather than one-time-use elements.
- In this role form follows function. You will use your understanding that design is not only about the visual part and also consider the use and the technical implementation in your designs.
- Using your understanding of interaction design and testing. You will quickly design A/B testing cases.
- Your work will be built to last. Using your eye and love for detail and you go an extra mile for execution, checking that every pixel; is perfect.
- As a Junior Designer, we don’t expect you to know everything, but you are expected to ask any questions and proactively seek new knowledge.
What you need to be successful?
- 2+ years of experience as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or Interaction Designer
- A portfolio that demonstrates your UI / Visual design abilities
- Ideally: Experience working on a Design System
- Experience working closely with developers and a cross-functional team
- Experience working within brand guidelines, design principles and business goals
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Experience working with responsive design in both — mobile-first and desktop-first scenarios
- Thoughtful and pragmatic - not ego but user first
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.