Zenefits, the world’s #1 all-in-one HR platform for small-mid sized businesses, is on the lookout for an exceptionally talented User Experience Designer to join our User Experience team. Our ideal candidate is equal parts technical wizard and creative genius, with a proven knack for creating awesome and intuitive customer experiences. To succeed in this role, you’ll draw on your product design experience, technical knowledge, research abilities, and creative problem-solving skills. A cool head and smart sense of humor wouldn’t hurt either.
The UX Designer will work closely with Product Managers & Engineering leads as a users’ advocate. You will champion user experience pain points and convert them into product features to meet users needs. When the requirements are solidified, you will design the UI, validate your designs, and provide specs to the developers.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong portfolio of UX design including user research, sketches/wireframes, visual designs, prototypes, and usability testing. Your portfolio also needs to show how you utilized common UI patterns and contributed towards a company-wide UI component library.
- Gather business objectives and project requirements from stakeholders
- Show initiative in learning more about our customers and complex products
- Develop low-fidelity wireframes to communicate design options and align on a solution
- Base designs on data gathered from user testing and usage metrics
- Communicate design decisions and respond to feedback from stakeholders
- Collaborate with UX Copywriters to create high fidelity designs informed by customer feedback
- Collaborate with Engineers to create design specifications for implementation and ensure accurate implementation
- Work collaboratively to improve design styles and components for use across the entire product
- Demonstrate leadership by making this a great place to work.
- 4-6 years experience designing for customer-facing websites and mobile applications
- Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or a related field
- Experience creating flow-charts, wireframes, high-fidelity design mockup, and detailed design specifications
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, or similar applications
- Thorough understanding of iOS and Android design guidelines.
- Ability to effectively manage time, priorities, and deadlines with little supervision
- A design portfolio that demonstrates solid knowledge of web & mobile design principles. Portfolio needs to include mobile native apps designed using Human Interface Guidelines and/or Material Design Guidelines.