UX Designer Intern
Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2021.
UX Designer Intern
San Francisco, CA
- Help craft a better design system for all of PlayStation designers to follow
- Produce low and high fidelity interactive prototypes to prove out concepts
- Build flows, wireframes and interactive models and the corresponding documentation
- Apply design patterns, processes, and tools
- Perform design audits and analysis
- Gain a deep understanding of the PlayStation brand and services
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree, and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- Focus of study in Interactive, Visual or Product Design, Human Factors or equivalent experience
- A portfolio that showcases, thoughtful, simple, deliberate intuitive design, with extraordinary interaction, motion, and visuals
- Working knowledge of design tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, etc.) for wireframing and high-fidelity mockups
- Ability to improve and expand existing design systems/components
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently, prioritize, and stay focused in an agile environment
- Experience conducting testing and heuristic analysis is a plus
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and rationale
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.