Lead Product Designer
At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing millions of orders a year. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional agile squad that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better engineer, designer and product manager
Lead Product Designer, APAC
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer, APAC interested in joining our Internal product team to design our next generation of web applications. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to not only contribute to the design effort, but also lead other designers as well!
We believe that good design, that supports staff, vendors or riders, to do their best work, can play a part in increasing happiness and satisfaction. Our Internal products designers work primarily on designing and building tools that can help customer service agents chat with customers, our vendors to find information, and perform all the actions that relate to their menus. Designing and building internal tools that help our users do their best work at speed will help us achieve our goal. Our aim is to design and build tools that will be intuitive and easy to use.
You will be based in our exciting Singapore office to support our growing regional Product team. You will also be part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
What's on the menu:
- Manage executions across all phases of design work: define conceptual foundations, UX flows, applying visual design systems, prototypes, participate or conduct usability testing, creation of production-ready designs and support multi-disciplinary teams during implementation
- Collaborate with peers in other design teams and contribute to the global design community
- Inspire, push creativity and identify industry best practices for user experience within your team
- Ensure that the quality of implementation meets design requirements
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship for design related projects
- Be involved in the hiring process and on boarding of new team members
- Lead by example: bring the same energy and high quality work to your roles as you expect from fellow designers
- Help make sure we are providing the most comprehensive solutions by fully understanding the problem areas, taking into account the different market expectations, history and stakeholders feedback
- Advocate for users in a fast-paced, corporate climate, foster a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, business and engineering.
What you can bring to the table:
- At least 2 years of experience managing or leading other designers in a product company, e-commerce or hyperlocal industry
- Expert level understanding and communication of UX
- A digital portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, dynamic user experiences, a data-driven mindset and a knack for designing web apps
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey design decisions to stakeholders across all departments
- Expertise in UI and system design
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows and UX architecture
- Ability to perform research including- competitor analysis, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, guerrilla testing etc.
- Consideration for long-term sustainability in all design decisions, with a focus on engineering feasibility and business impact
- Experience working with Sketch and other prototyping and design tools
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Visual/ Graphic design in depth knowledge and experience
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.