We are looking for an experienced and driven product designer to join our rapidly growing team. As a designer at Xapo, you will work closely with the product team, designing and prototyping the Xapo mobile user experience and helping us shape our product while growing with us. Your primary goal will be to design the next generation of our mobile apps and other mobile interfaces on Web, iOS and Android, creating engaging, consistent and memorable experiences.
This is an excellent remote career opportunity to join a fast growing startup in a key position and make a difference in the fintech ecosystem.
You will be reporting to the Design Manager and will be responsible for highly usable and intuitive interface creation. Any concept you create will be brand-consistent across all Xapo experiences.
- Craft and deliver intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs;
- Translate ideas into detailed wireframes, visual designs, user flows, annotations, and prototypes;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process;
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance;
- Provide the engineers the assets they’ll need for their work;
- Break any design problem down into viable actionable chunks and solve them with clarity and precision;
- Identify opportunities for user research;
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the UI design field.
SKILLS AND TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
- Whiteboards, paper and Post-It Notes;
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects;
- Prototyping apps like InVision and framer;
- English level is bilingual/native.
- +3 years experience that includes User Interface, User Experience and Interaction Design;
- A portfolio showcasing your work and strong design skills;
- A strong focus on visual communication design;
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment;
- Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines and Google's material design;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Fluent English and/or Spanish.
NICE TO HAVE
- Illustration skills;
- Animation skill;
- HTML5/CSS3 skills;
- Experience in designing and maintaining cross-platform design systems;
- Experience in Fintech.