Senior UI/UX Designer
Whether it's a theatre performance, a Barry's Bootcamp, or your favorite podcaster who's trying to stream: everyone needs help producing beautiful video. Since producing video is a complicated and dynamic process, static webcams just don’t cut it, and few people have the budget to hire a full video production crew.
LiveControl has created a video production studio in the cloud. Our clients install our 4k multi camera setup into their venue, home, or office, and our team can fully produce amazing video entirely in the cloud. Completely live, with just the click of a button. We can make your graduation speech or home cooking show look like a Netflix special, all for a fraction of the cost.
About The Role
As a UI/UX Designer at LiveControl, you will help pioneer the future of remote video production, live streaming distribution, and innovate how virtual events become a part of our lives. You will be responsible for designing across our suite of products -- our production software, our client facing SaaS product, and our audience facing creator pages.
As a part of the team, you will be central in determining the future of how venues and creators make content and designing the future of virtual events across multiple industries. You should constantly distill complex capabilities into intuitive interfaces. You will work with engineering, product, and leadership to help communicate our brand to our customers as well as understand our core customer needs in order to create industry leading design for live video.
- Pioneer new video production and broadcast software for creators across various industries
- Work with product to understand requirements and deliver production ready designs for engineering to start building
- Wireframe, prototype, and test designs with customers
- Communicate your opinions to the team and challenge the status quo
- Create a design system for LiveControl to leverage into the future
- Work with customers to understand their core problems and how to design around them
- Research the competitive landscape to help understand the industry and question the way things have been done in the past
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in a UI/UX role
- You have a growth mindset. You are looking to take on problems and always strive to do your best
- You are comfortable moving fast and working on an ambitious product roadmap
- You have worked with product and engineering teams previously
- You have experience working on customer facing products, internal tooling products, or SaaS products
- Track record of delivering user interfaces from start to finish -- wireframes, prototypes, and production ready designs
- You love video and believe it will continue to be an integral part of the way we live our daily lives
- You have a background in video production, broadcast video technologies, or web player/distribution of video
- Familiar with a few of the following products: Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Photoshop, Jira, etc.
Perks & Benefits:
- Fully paid healthcare - including dental, vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO
- Focus on learning and development, with opportunities to attend trainings/conferences, on-site speaker series, and lunch and learns
- COVID19 home office setup stipend
- Office based 2 blocks from the beach in Santa Monica
- A fully remote-friendly environment and workflow, work anywhere within the United States
At LiveControl, we're looking for people with passion, creativity, integrity, and trust. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. We’re open to all backgrounds and cultures, and if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.