Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to successfully design drug molecules entirely by AI that are in clinical studies. As a full stack AI Pharmatech, we are capable of generating our own experimental data to complement the analytical power of AI and the creativity and expertise of our world-class scientists. We aim to revolutionise the pharmaceutical industry by significantly shortening the preclinical drug discovery stage to accelerate new treatments to patients globally. Exscientia is looking for extraordinary people to join its extraordinary mission: to revolutionise the way new medicines are discovered.
Following multiple high-profile partnerships and our most recent Series C fundraise we are now adding a key appointment to our group. As a Product Designer you’ll share our passion for collaborative design and work closely with the software engineering squads and stakeholders to build the next generation of the Centaur drug discovery platform. The emerging challenges in AI and Life Sciences represent a unique opportunity to design for complex workflows, deep data visualization and process automation. To be successful you’ll need a solid portfolio and an innate understanding of optimising user experiences in large scale responsive web platforms.
You will have the opportunity to
- Create and present detailed UI designs for product features with a focus on user flows, sketches and prototypes and supporting design documentation.
- Form close ties with stakeholders, engineering teams and product owners to iterate on designs with a strong spirit of collaboration.
- Understand product specifications and translate them into user flows at the right moment in the engineering cycle.
- Embed yourself with the engineering teams to drive best practices for UX.
- Undertake user research and leverage insights to drive continuous improvement.
What will you bring to the role?
- Strong portfolio including large scale responsive web platforms.
- 3+ years product design experience.
- Experience of creating prototypes of different levels of fidelity using Sketch or Figma.
- BSc degree in relevant field.
- An appreciation of user psychology and an understanding of how good user experience impacts personal productivity.
- Great communication, time management and team working skills.
- Experience or interest in AI / Life Sciences / Drug Discovery.
- Knowledge of life science software products particularly drug discovery applications.
- Software engineering experience.
What can you expect from us?
- Making a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI driven discovery
- Joining a scaling AI organisation with world class technical and scientific leaders
- An opportunity to grow your career with us as we grow our organisation
- We offer a highly competitive compensation to support our employees as we continue to grow and thrive
- The opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- Working in modern offices with state of the art laboratories
- Fantastic free food and drinks on offer