Senior Product Designer
At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing millions of orders a year. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional agile squad that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better engineer, designer and product manager.
Senior Product Designer (Design Systems), APAC
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer (Design Systems), APAC to join our Consumer team to create a seamless and personalised ordering experience for our customers. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Singapore!
You will be amongst the first dedicated Designers in the Design System team, with help from a Design System Guild made up of: multiple product designers, a UI engineer and iOS / Android / Web representatives. As our Design System Specialist you will build and drive an atomic-based design system with a high impact on complex and worldwide used products; enable developers and product designers to deliver fast, consistent and high-quality solutions.
What's on the menu:
- Continue building our new holistic design system using our Digital Mission and Principles with a high degree of polish, attention to detail and usage scenarios.
- Work closely together with cross-functional product development teams in multiple locations to create reusable components flexible enough for multiple brands and languages.
- Collaborate across design and engineering structures to align teams and educate on the system’s best practices via documentation, guidelines, principles and mentoring.
- Stress test designs across all possible variations and refine as needed.
- Own the process of maintaining, updating and refining the design system.
- Establish collaborative design workflow using a distributed version control tool (currently using Abstract).
- Be an ambassador for your world-class design system solution throughout our multi-location, multi-vertical organization.
What you can bring to the table:
- Demonstrate clear excellence in UX/UI design (bonus: interaction design and/or designing for accessibility).
- 5+ years of experience designing compelling and quality UIs and visual designs.
- A proven track record of delivering flexible design systems and deep knowledge of design best-practices (bonus: OS specific)
- Experience working with product and development in a Scrum or Kanban team.
- Portfolio demonstrating user-centered design approach, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-organized, proactive, personality.
- Experience with distributed version control tools and Sketch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Front-end experience and knowledge is a big advantage
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.