Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff, Product Designer to lead the design of customer experiences for our growing Email product suite. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, and design experiences that give developers and businesses around the world the ability to create communication applications. The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a mentor to our UX team members in upholding our standards and helping them grow, and a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
Twilio is seeking a Staff, Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates strong technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and is proficient in running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- A demonstrated history of successfully mentoring and coaching team members.
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- 5+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology.
As a Staff, Product Designer on the Email Platform team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES + WRITE IT DOWN: Engage with our developer community to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- BE AN OWNER: Own and advance the vision for Twilio’s Email products. Take personal accountability for achievement of goals and results, and coach members to ensure goals are met.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively and efficiently.
- DON'T SETTLE + EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with and mentor other Product Designers, providing accurate, constructive, and motivating guidance that helps improve their skills, and the outcome of their work. Lead Design Critiques that ensure consistency across Twilio products and up-level our standards. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- BE INCLUSIVE + NO SHENANIGANS: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Twilio Email Platform (formerly SendGrid) is one of the largest and most trusted email delivery platforms in the world. As a Staff Product Designer on the team you’ll own the high impact charter of enhancing our customer’s experience throughout their lifecycle (Acquisition, Conversion and Billing).
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Product Design team plays a critical role in designing the experience that allows our developer community to meet their communication needs. As a Product Designer at Twilio, you will be a part of a growing and diverse group of designers, helping to build and shape our design culture and principles.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Denver office or remote in the US. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.