Senior Product Manager
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role: The product team leads product management for external-facing user experiences and business line experimentations, including ride hailing and delivery services. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the vision, strategy, and roadmap for an impactful subset of consumer products, in partnership with our cross-functional team of designers and engineers. This Senior Product Manager’s work will advance the lives of individual users and communities through the commercialization of autonomous vehicle technology.
What you’ll be doing:
- Set the vision for your product area leveraging your deep understanding of user needs, knowledge of the industry, and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Translate that vision into a strategy and roadmap that lays out priorities at a project-by-project level. Ensure that partner teams understand and align behind what we are doing and why.
- Work closely with partner teams, including design and engineering, to bring the product to life. Establish success metrics and counter metrics and write detailed requirements and feature documentation for projects within your roadmap.
- Define, track, and celebrate success within your product area. Represent and evangelize your product(s) internally and help Cruise learn from them.
- Collaborate with Business, Engineering, Design, Program Management, and Operations teams to ensure product vision, strategies, and roadmaps bring to market products that solve user needs and meet business objectives
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful consumer-facing product throughout its lifecycle, including experience managing both front end UX and backend services
- Experience launching new products
- Relentless focus on understanding, prioritizing, and solving user needs
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on process improvements to enhance efficiency
- Ability to collaborate and communicate efficiently across teams
- Successful experience as product manager for hybrid hardware-software products
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.