Robo Wunderkind robotics kits empower kids aged 5-14 to learn to code through the joy of play. If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. By joining our team, you will be able to impact the lives of tens of thousands of children. Here you can check out what our users create with Robo Wunderkind: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/robomakersmarathon/
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our team in Vienna, Austria or work remotely.
What you will do:
- You’ll be working closely with the product team (product manager, designer, engineers) helping define the problem space and desired customers outcomes;
- Design our software product that kids can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone;
- Create wireframes and user flows, designing and testing of our software product;
- Engage with our customers to understand their needs;
- Translating research insights into ideas, sketch and prototype them to quickly access viability, and design the fine grained details of interactions;
- Revolving around the software product functionality and usability, gathering from research insights and information to iterate;
- Create and maintain polished and thoughtful deliverables and documentation.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent communication and experience collaborating closely with product manager, engineers, designer, and other team members;
- An understanding of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed UI and visual design
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, etc;
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone;
- Effective communicator and facilitator that enjoy validating ideas with product team and get customer feedback;
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals;
- Strong communication and coordination skills, ability to draw information from others and to work in a remote environment;
- Proactiveness and autonomy - We value people that are self-driven taking responsibility to drive their tasks successfully;
- Experience designing products for children is a plus;
- Fluent English is a must. You will work in a small, agile, diverse and international team comprising 8 different nationalities.
We are open to working remotely and our team spreads over 2 continents. Those working in Vienna have flexible work hours and can work from home 2 days per week.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from your application date, it means you were not selected for an interview.