We are looking for a talented Product Designer with creative flair to join the London team of an exciting young venture for game players - the very first of its kind.
Our product: an online service that enables players of video games to make the most of and capitalise upon their in-game talent out of game. Our core user: 17-40 playing non-casual games 6+ hrs a week, looking for professional development.
- lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- work with co-founders and a software developer to find elegant but practical solutions
- rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes across mobile and web
- translate user insights into inspiring, fun design
- keep product design and development on track and looking towards future horizons
Who you are:
- A designer with a minimum of 2 years of experience in consumer-tech digital products
- Passionate about games, design and all things digital, always eager to learn, possess and pursue extra curiosity
- Leading edge, skilled in using design tools and with a strong creative ability
Soft skills required:
We want you to be proactive.
We are a start-up and looking for a self-starter who can propose and try new things out.
We want you to enjoy working with a small team of highly committed people.
We want you to have an interest in video games, skills development and self-improvement.
We need you to be result-orientated.
We need you to walk towards multi-tasking, never away into an ivory tower.
Experience with employability, educational products
Engaged with gaming communities
About Game Academy
Game Academy is a talent tech platform for video game players. We help them identify and grow in-game skills and apply them out of the game. We seek to leverage the talent of video game players, support their well-being and serve the demands of the workplace.
The venture founders are a team of entrepreneurs with extensive experience in media production, teaching, game play and data science. We’ve been responsible for award-winning content, new public experiences, ground-breaking scientific research and supporting the employment and development of many people.
Game Academy ‘Early Access’ – http://gameacademy.co
BBC: How Playing Video Games Could get you a Better Job’ – August 2019 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49317440