UX Research Manager
Dave is a challenger bank on a mission to put financial minds at ease by improving the cost, usability and accessibility of the legacy financial system. As the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks, Dave helps its seven million customers budget, find work, build credit, and access income to cover immediate expenses. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others.
UX Research is a business differentiator at Dave. It is our job to deeply understand our members’ needs and experience so that we can deliver unique, approachable and meaningful solutions to their already stressful lives. We go to extraordinary lengths to produce world-class work, and you will get to both deploy your hard-earned experience and build your skills in an organization where your area of work is highly valued.
Our two-part mission is to 1)empower Dave to make confident and strategic decisions by deeply understanding our members’ needs and context; and 2)advocate for our members and make sure we bring real value into our members’ lives. Your role is to inform the longer term strategy of Dave, support the products in-flight with testing and research, and help evolve the strategy and vision of the UXR team over time.
What you'll do:
- Lead and shape and define a growing and business-critical team of UX researchers to help improve the usability of our products, uncover new business opportunities, and inform our roadmap.
- Empathize with our users through ongoing, frequent, strategic, and significant research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods (surveys, interviews, usability studies, diary studies, ethnographic observations, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with leadership to develop an organizational structure that satisfies both employee development needs and leverages the strength of a design-focused business
- Partner with our data analysts to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights and with market research to grow and develop our research capabilities.
- Guide the product team to design empathetically and propose actionable solutions to user needs. Make concrete, data-driven recommendations for change based on your findings.
- Communicate and present insights to various stakeholders in a clear and persuasive manner
What you'll need:
- 4-6 years of hands-on UX research experience, familiarity with various qualitative and quantitative methodologies, and experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Experience managing and shaping a growing team of UX researchers. Understanding of employee development and organizational design
- Deep understanding of multidisciplinary design processes and toolkits across Product Design, Brand and Marketing Design, and User Experience Research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, using them to effectively roll out large-scale programs
- Experience with end-to-end research projects; from defining goals and objectives, developing scripts or interview guides, conducting fieldwork, analyzing results, and sharing insights with stakeholders to the implementation and measurement of research recommendations
- Demonstrated experience with research at every step of the product development cycle, informing both strategic and tactical decisions.
- An ability to use research insights to develop personas, journey maps and process flows
- A Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Human Factors, a related field or the equivalent experience
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Voluntary life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability plans
• Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness, and hospital indemnity
• Flexible work hours
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Generous paid parental leave
• 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.