Senior Product Designer
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re designing the future of banking, while improving the work experience through design. While nimble, our team focuses on web and mobile application design, but also initiatives that make working together more inclusive, thoughtful, and impactful. Curious, self-starters, with penchant for ownership and (collaborative?) execution are welcomed!
About the Role
We’re looking for an end-to-end product designer with experience shipping product to market informed by insights, data, and business strategy to join our growing team on a full-time basis.
- Own the vision, phasing and execution of BlockFi’s product strategy: redefining the end-to-end experience for our clients.
- Understand and approach complex problems that will meaningfully impact the product experiences, as well as the means to which we deliver them
- Guide teams through discovery: research, explorative experimentation, implementation, and launches, not limited to participating in phasing releases, and long-term planning
- Significantly inspire the direction of the product roadmap
- Mentor and foster a culture of inclusivity and belonging and can contribute to initiatives that make designing at BlockFi a pleasant place to work
- Lead and improve our remote collaborative design process, involving engineers, product managers, researchers, marketing managers, and operations stakeholders
Projects you may work on:
- Web and native product designs
- Bringing feature and aesthetic parity across all screens
- Strategy & frameworks
- Design systems (contributor and co-owner)
- Agile UX Processes (Productboard, Jira, design sprints, etc.)
- Workshops and team-building initiatives
- 6+ years of relevant product design experience
- Proven leadership in driving, communicating, and executing alongside a vision
- Strong systems design thinking across medium to high complexity problems
- Visual design excellence and meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional and imaginative problem-solving in an evolving problem space
- Agility in utilizing a variety of discovery, research, and validation methods to drive meaningful outcomes
- Familiarity with the nuances of metrics (business, data science, research) and uncovering the “Why” behind the numbers
- Mastery of design tools & craft: Figma, design systems, responsive design, native mobile (Android, iOS)
- Passionate advocacy for people and the context they find themselves needful of our solutions
- A humble, collaborative, and service-oriented approach to your career
- Bonus points: experience in Fin-tech and crypto technologies
- Client-first initiative. Our clients are our focus. It’s from their experience you’ll shape the basis of the problems you’ll solve.
- Process as a path towards outcomes. You’ll set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver measurable value to our clients and product teams understanding of the value of our products.
- Cultivator of inclusion and belonging. We want an environment that mindfully engages and retains the diverse teams we build.
- Problem focused Initiative. You’re someone who seeks to understand, define and reframe your understanding of problems and will explore paths that lead you towards solutions; not the other way around.
- Candid and kind candor. We encourage an environment of fearless feedback; we believe when people are kind in how they approach working relationships, it leads to positive and constructive growth.
- Curiosity as a mode of achieving clarity. You’re someone who doesn’t have to know everything to inform your understanding of the spaces you’ll navigate and thrive in. You have a knack for asking questions that expand the pool of meaning, that inform your perspective and approaches towards the work you pursue.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other and enjoy the work we do - so should you!
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment