Mixed Methods UX Researcher
Pacmed strives to make healthcare a continuous learning network, where all patients receive care adjusted to their personal needs and where carers learn from all decisions made within healthcare. Pacmed aims to achieve this by building and implementing a decision support software platform based on machine learning. Our decision support software suite supports intensive care doctors in their most important decisions, starting with safely and adequately discharging patients from the Intensive Care Unit.
As a UX Researcher you are the driving force behind the user experience of Pacmed's products. You research new solutions and improve existing software. This enables our end users (doctors and other medical professionals) to improve the quality of healthcare with clear decision-support software. At Pacmed, our research spans every step of the product life cycle - from understanding our physicians needs and top-challenges before we build products, assuring the products we build are safe, human-centered, and innovative, to measuring the impact of our products once they are in use in-clinic. You will have the opportunity to conduct your research on-site in leading hospitals and care institutions in the Netherlands.
For this position, we are looking for an experienced mixed-methods UX researcher who will shape and elevate the practice of UX research at a scaling software as a medical device product company. We are looking for a teammate who is creative but rigorous and brings a balance of experience shaping product strategy and innovation but also provides a user-centered approach to building products in strong regulatory environments. Experience working in digital healthcare products and/or enterprise software products is a strong preference. Familiarity with machine learning technology is beneficial.
The right teammate is an excellent communicator, comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, and shares our passion for improving healthcare services and the responsible application of AI in healthcare practice.
UX Researcher Responsibilities:
- Work closely with product team to identify research questions
- Design and execute studies that address user behavior and attitudes, and generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Work cross-functionally with product management, data science, engineering
- Interface with ICU physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Align research to or in support of regulatory and legal requirements
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
Important aspects of the work are:
- Requires experience in environments that have strong regulatory parameters and ethical considerations for both product development and user research methodology.
- Will require versatility in research methodology to match the needs: from A/B testing to experience journey mapping.
What do you get?
- Many opportunities for professional development (eg, budget for online courses, attending conferences).
- The opportunity to learn a lot from other people, both medical, technical, and other researchers both within and outside of Pacmed
- You will work together within a vibrant community of experienced data scientists and engineers, leading technical and medical academics, and product leaders.
- A dynamic working environment where fun at work is very important.
- B.A/B.S. in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, anthropology, sociology, communication, information science, industrial design, public health, or other relevant field
- 2+ years of applied product research experience
- Verbal and written fluency in Dutch and English
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands (EU)