Senior Digital UX Product Designer
fuseproject is looking for a Senior Digital UX Product Designer in our Experience Design team, who has proven experience in defining user experiences for a variety of applications, products and platforms. The role will focus on researching, concepting, defining, and detailing out digital product platforms, ranging from traditional mobile apps and sites, to digital interfaces and products that are first of their kind.
We work in a multidisciplinary environment and look for every opportunity to merge thinking and creative output. Our process, skillsets, and outputs are a function of our broad disciplines. We are looking for the ideal candidate to bring exceptional creative thought, systematic thinking, meticulous detail in creating experience maps, models, journeys, architecture/flow diagrams, documentation, and prototypes to the team. Equally, the role is all about collaboration, client engagement & partnership and rigorous and disciplined process.
Successful candidates will have compelling work examples across digital products and platforms, apps, and websites. We want to see both process and output, and how an ‘idea’ moves from concept to reality. We are looking for someone who will push the state-of-the-art and challenge convention with every creation and thrive in our fast-paced studio.
· Ability to excite and engage those around you to bring about the best outcomes
· Planning, prioritizing, coordinating, and conducting behavioral analysis, user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing
· Being a passionate advocate and practitioner of microinteractions, and user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, competitive audits, market research, and other forms of requirements discovery.
· Producing personas, ecosystem diagrams, customer journey maps, service blueprints, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, wireframes, design annotations, prototypes, and design specifications.
· Effectively synthesizing and communicating research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and through execution.
· Working closely with all disciplines – Strategy, Industrial Design, Digital, Brand, and Environments
· Planning and facilitating collaborative work
· Having a comprehensive awareness and love of new platforms, technologies, and trends for the digital channel and related mediums
· Showing a passion for taking on ambiguous or undefined problems and uncovering simple, intuitive solutions.
· Quickly prototyping experiences at a variety of fidelities.
· Passion for staying ahead of design and design tool trends by constantly seeking out and trying the new.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate your design and the decisions that led to it through strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills.
· Understanding front end development technologies.
Background & Experience:
· 5+ years experience in a UX or Interaction Design role
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with natural ability to articulate and defend design decisions
· Proven experience in defining user experiences for a variety of applications, products and platforms
· Experience in user research, experience mapping, heuristic evaluations, trend analysis and combining all of these to uncover insights that can be used to design a first-of-its-kind experience.
· Experience ideating, designing, testing and iterating in tight loops driven by criticism, data, and observations.
· Demonstrated ability to quickly design and prototype experiences at a variety of fidelities, while not being tied to any specific tool or technique.
· Extensive experience with a variety of design tools and methodologies.
· Ability to developing front end experiences is a plus.
Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
· Exhibits a range of detailed UX digital product examples, showing attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
· Demonstrates a passion for digital product development
· Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter
· Proves ability to translate high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions, and breaking those down to their individual components
· A portfolio is an essential piece of any application for a Design role. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work will unfortunately not be considered.