Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to work across Pupil’s world-class digital product suite focused on digitising the world’s interior spaces. Our users include: our growing fleet of Digital Surveyors actively capturing properties in the field; our post-production teams working on pointcloud data and imagery; and estate agents and homebuyers assessing our feature-rich marketing assets for residential property. Pupil’s technology ecosystem covers touchpoints from spatial data acquisition through internal tools to property listings and next-generation, guaranteed accurate floor plans.
Pupil also has one of London’s leading machine learning teams which has been awarded numerous AI grants from Innovate UK, so your design work will be collaborative with their capabilities. We are committed to building a world-class design pedigree with the top designers in the game. Pupil and its brands, Spec and Stak, have been created by Pentagram.
This role is for you if you are passionate about making and maintaining user-centred, beautiful interfaces that people love to use. You are a natural problem solver and comfortable in an agile environment. You will be placing our users’ needs and behaviours at the forefront of your work, ensuring that the experience they have when using our products is optimised, efficient, coherent and delights. You are comfortable maintaining and iterating existing design libraries with versatility and flexibility across a range of complex products. You will understand and consider the users’ needs at every stage of development, maintaining their experience at the heart of our product in your design work.
You have an interest or experience in the property, interiors, or spatial data world. You are a strong work ethic willing to put in the hours for a career-defining chapter during a critical growth stage for a truly exciting startup.
Pupil is a spatial data company. Pupil captures and publishes 3D information about real-world interiors on an industrial scale. Their technology is raising standards of practice around the globe and transforming industries by digitising the world’s interiors with new levels of accuracy and consistency.
Pupil’s first brand, Spec, takes transparency to a new level for sales and lettings of every size. Spec quickly delivers insured and accurate assets everyone can trust. Spec uses advanced 3D technology to capture millions of data points per property to deliver more accurate and reliable floor plan measurements.
Pupil's second brand Stak is working with industry-leading commercial asset managers to capture and deliver robust spatial datasets at scale, allowing them to optimise their portfolio and unlock its full potential value.
We’re a diverse bunch and we recognise the value that having a range of different experiences and perspectives brings to our team. We actively welcome applications from everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Roles and responsibilities
- Solve complex data flows and simplify process & user journeys to deliver impactful experiences for the end users
- Work within the product team to define and design customer journeys to solve user issues and business problems
- Conduct user tests on the product to get input and iterate on the designs
- Work hand-in-hand with engineers throughout implementation to ensure a highest-quality release
- Review the performance of the release and identify learnings
- Help find a middle ground between ideal design and realistic development timeframes
- Create/maintain product design libraries to allow product and engineering teams to be most effective in building user experiences
- Document design guidelines and actively share knowledge on how to utilise the library
- Champion design work to senior leadership for review and feedback.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes if required
- Liaise with our brand team to ensure products across the Pupil ecosystem have a consistent brand experience
- Ensure compliance with company policies & procedures, and support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
To be successful in this role, you'll have:
- 4+ years of experience working on products in an agile environment with enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique and testing;
- Experience working in-house;
- Lots of creativity, and a real passion for making world-class digital products and experiences;
- Strong UI skills across different platforms and devices;
- Previously worked with Sketch, Zeplin and Figma;
- The ability to understand customers, run user testing, create journeys, and host workshops when required;
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimisation and implementation;
- The ability to integrate qualitative and quantitative data into design work;
- Experience of deploying or maintaining design libraries;
- Strong collaboration, communication and organisational skills, with experience of working closely with engineering, product, other designers and business stakeholders;
- You can communicate ideas and concepts effectively, with technical and non-technical team members;
- You can present the strategic rationale for design decisions to team members and across the board;
- You are truly dedicated to challenging yourself and developing your skills to the next level.
You'll also need to be able to:
- communicate ideas and concepts effectively, with technical and non-technical team members;
- present strategic rationale for design decisions to team members and across the board;
- be a positive team player;
- be dedicated to challenging yourself and developing your skills to the next level!
To apply for this role a portfolio of your work is required.