The Vehicle Experience Group is looking for a UX Writer with expertise in designing conversational experiences. As a UX Writer, you will be responsible for designing the language of Rivian’s in-vehicle and mobile interactions.
The Vehicle Experience Group consists of experts from the automotive, entertainment, internet, and consumer electronics industries.
This is what you'll do:
- You will collaborate with HMI, UX, and UI designers and product managers to define the overall content strategy for a variety of in-vehicle or mobile features.
- You will participate in user journey definition together with a cross functional team that includes HMI, designers, hardware and software engineers, and vehicle and industrial designers.
- You will be responsible for collaborating with Brand, Legal, and other cross-functional teams to ensure content is on-brand, legally compliant, and accessible.
- You will be responsible for documenting content interaction design and final UI copy.
- You will identify opportunities to test the usability of your content design and work with UX research to test your content designs and language.
- You will participate in usability studies on vehicle features, review findings, and use recommendations to improve your content design.
- You will help build UX writing standards and guidelines for future vehicle programs.
This is what you'll need:
- At least 5 years of experience doing UX writing, content design, content strategy, or product writing.
- At least 3 years of experience being the lead or sole UX writer for a product or feature.
- Experience building and maintaining style guides
- Hands-on experience working with localization and accessibility best practices.
- Experience and a passion for championing the position of the end user to deliver best-in-class user experience.
- Experience working on nomenclature and product naming is a plus.
- Experience testing content strategy and UX writing is a plus.
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus
This is where you'll work:
- Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.