Digital UX Designer
We’re an independent digital agency with an exciting opportunity for an experienced digital / UX designer to join our family in the heart of Chester with an immediate start. Whilst initially on a 12-14 month maternity cover contract our rapid growth paves the way for an offer of permanent employment in the future.
Whilst we continue to work remotely for the remainder of 2020 applications are welcome from across the UK however the successful applicant must be able to commute to our Chester city centre office at least once a week thereafter.
You will be a perfectionist with creative flair working with senior stakeholders to design the next generation of user and commerce experiences along with supporting our external partners and internal teams in producing design material for content campaigns and conversion rate optimisation.
You'll have strong layout, typography and excellent XD, Photoshop and Illustrator skills along with a solid understanding of digital mediums, journeys and interactions. We’re looking for a distinctive portfolio that showcases your design experience.
Bringing a strong three years or more of agency experience you'll be passionate about all things digital, being able to demonstrate a good level of UX, wireframes/layouts through to pixel perfect designs throughout your portfolio whilst bringing a unique and confident personality to the family.
Our work isn't run of the mill, it's pushing the boundaries of creativity and complexity. With a team of around ten people and rising we’re a close knit and collaborative family, with a working environment which allows a real team approach to solving current and future technical challenges.
What you'll be doing:
- Exploring creative concepts and directions
- Wireframing and prototyping user and commerce experiences
- Developing and conceptualising creative concepts and approaches
- Creating of digital style guides and UI kits
- Digital asset creation for content campaigns
- Optimising conversion rates through insight led design
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to stakeholders.
- Have a passion for design and user experience and evidence this with good industry knowledge and understanding.
- A hybrid design skillset equally at home in UX, UI and visual design
- Great communication skills to pitch and present ideas
- A background in solving problems through design
- Ability to work under pressure and remain creative across multiple projects
- Fully proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- An unrivalled relaxed, collaborative family environment.
- Christmas and Summer events.
- Company Macbook/iMac (You chose!)
- Company pension scheme.
- Relaxed dress code - come to work at your most creative.
- Competitive pay.
- A financially stable workplace to grow - we’ve been going for 40 years.