Senior Product Designer
Knock is on a mission to revolutionize how people buy and sell homes. With a Knock Home Swap™, homeowners get the certainty and convenience of being able to buy and move into their new home before prepping and selling their old one while saving money compared to selling the traditional way. Working with a local Knock Certified Agent of their choice, consumers skip the hassles of living through repairs and showings, pay only one mortgage at a time and have home prep covered upfront so their old home sells on the market for the highest possible price.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity, from top tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs. The company is headquartered in New York and San Francisco and operates in Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Dallas, Fort Worth and Phoenix with more cities on the way.
We are seeking a Contract Sr. Product Designer, Mobile Applications who will represent the user in everything we build. You will participate in primary and secondary research to understand the context of your work, and use this context as the foundation for our design work. You will collaborate with product teams to drive mobile design vision and strategy for Knock. This will be an open-ended contract opportunity.
At Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we celebrate & support our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values.
As a Senior Product Designer, Mobile Apps you will:
- Leverage, and extend our visual design system to deliver a consistent and rich app experience.
- Ideate, create, collaborate and refine workflows and patterns in the app experience to make our products delightful to use.
- Be effective throughout the entire product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UX and visual design to QA and testing.
- Provide support and prototypes during stakeholder interviews and user research and integrate findings into designs.
- Create wireframes and app workflow.
- Create high-fidelity visual design specifications using Sketch.
- Effectively communicate your rationale behind proposals. You can communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders.
- Partner cross-functionally with product and engineering leadership to represent the design team, lead design initiatives, and provide feedback in planning and product channels.
- Help guide, improve and implement design and feedback processes.
- Create and implement accessible and inclusive designs.
We’re looking for Knockstars who:
- Have extensive experience as a lead individual contributor on a product design team for consumer mobile experiences.
- Have an outstanding portfolio, showcasing a strong foundation in UX, interaction, visual design, and idea generation in the consumer mobile space.
- Have a track record of mentoring designers and agile teams towards top performance, product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Have experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Have extensive experience closely partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Have extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to voice ideas, opinions and concerns fearlessly.
- Are proficient in web technologies and design software such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suites and InVision.
- Are empathetic. You thrive on building quality experiences for our users.
- Are curious. You enjoy participating in stakeholder interviews and user research and integrating findings into final designs.
- Take ownership. You are accountable for the success or failure of the product(s) you work on and find solutions to improve shipped work.
- Are collaborative. You like to be an active participant that contributes to an open culture that enables employee development through direct but kind feedback, promotes diverse perspectives and fosters a sense of curiosity and optimism.
- Are dedicated. You have experience delivering apps and software from brief to shipping within a team environment.
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous.
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team.
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement.
- This is a 100% remote, work from home contract, based in the US.
We are proud to be a distributed company from our founding with employees in 21 different states. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock, and its subsidiaries, are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
This position is in the continental United States.