UX Design Lead
We're looking for a talented UX Design Lead to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
As UX Design Lead you will help mentor and lead our UI/UX team. You will be responsible for designing accessible interfaces that delight our players across a broad range of experiences. To achieve those goals you will work closely with Design, Art, and Engineering throughout the development process.
The key qualities we are looking for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
What you will have to do:
- Maintain the artistic direction while establishing the vision for our UX across the franchise
- Manage our UX team, while also providing mentorship, feedback and training to others in the studio
- Develop a deep understanding of our players and their needs
- Collaborate with Art and Design Directors to establish a high bar for all UI/UX
- Drive best practices and pipeline improvements to support the shared vision
- Lead our accessibility efforts and evangelize accessible design across the studio
- Champion Craftsmanship
- 5+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role on published PC titles
- Experience overseeing the work of, mentorship, and development of team members
- Excellent communication and planning skills with the ability to execute independently
- A strong understanding of technical considerations for UX
- Deep knowledge of industry standard software and workflows
- Passion for designing accessible solutions
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating your UX work in a broad range of styles
- Traditional art skills - Illustration, Sculpture, Painting and Anatomy
- Subject matter expertise in accessibility design
- Cross-platform UX design experience
We can offer:
- A chance to work with an extremely motivated and passionate team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The chance to work on outstanding and ambitious project.
- The ability to work remotely