Research Operations Intern
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: May 17th or June 7th
Research Operations serves as a function for UX Research team at Mailchimp. Nestled within Product Operations, Research Ops exists to provide researchers the support and services they need to collect and evangelize valuable insights seamlessly, scale a growing team strategically, and impact our product and the company effectively. Research Ops at Mailchimp strives to optimize research efforts, create frameworks for a thriving research environment, and manage the behind-the-scenes logistics that keep everything running smooth. Sounds easy enough, right?
We’re looking for an intern to join our Research Operations team. Our ideal intern is exceptionally organized, an extremely proactive self-starter, and comfortable adjusting to shifting plans and schedules. In addition, they must be an outstanding communicator and have excellent customer service skills.
What you’ll do:
- Transfer UX Research findings into Mailchimp’s knowledge management tool, where peeps from all over Mailchimp go to find answers to their questions about users
- Help maintain the overall organization of our research artifacts (notes, recordings, spreadsheets, deliverables, etc) for quick access in the future
- Assist UX Researchers in “closing out” research projects by sending compensation and thank yous to participants, transcribing interview notes, logging participants in a master list, etc
- Assist Research Operations and Product Operations in marketing and communications throughout the company
- Audit and streamline operational processes, like the close-out tasks listed above
- Assist with research ops-related tasks, like proofreading documents, testing surveys, taking notes during user interviews, etc.
- Collaborate with Product Operations team on incoming projects and tasks
- Book and arrange meetings for research and presentations
We’d love to hear from you if this sounds like you:
- Excellent communicator—particularly in writing (you’ll be emailing a lot of customers), but also on the phone and in-person
- At ease in customer-facing roles—friendly, personable, helpful. Previous experience in recruiting and/or customer service is a huge plus!
- Proactive self-starter, able to identify gaps and opportunities to create more efficient processes
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- Experience with content management systems, especially in developing and maintaining tagging and folder organization systems
- Reliable, with a high level of follow-through—you must be able to finish what you start—even if no one is looking over your shoulder
- Able to balance a number of activities/requests and quickly shift focus from one task to another throughout the day
- Strong collaboration skills—you’ll be working with all of the researchers on our team
- Bonus points for research experience, or a willingness to establish a baseline understanding of user research
Why work at Mailchimp?
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.