Head of Digital Product
At quip, we design and deliver delightful and effective ways to keep your mouth healthy, from the personal care products that help you at home every day, to the professional care services you need twice a year.
Over the past five years, we have grown a large two sided digital platform and community of over 5 million users, the majority of which are active subscribers, as well as 50 thousand dental professional members through distribution of our electric toothbrush and toothpaste product line in our direct to consumer, retail and dental acquisition channels. In 2020 and 2021 we have and will be launching numerous new personal care products including our recently launched smart brush and app platform, further expanding our retail and dental channel distribution, and building on the quipcare vision we set out in 2019.
quip’s product management philosophy is based around collaboration, expertise and ownership. We want detail-oriented product managers who own the products they work on, understand their users, and build deep relationships with their stakeholders. The Head of Digital Product will manage a team of PMs that each own a product area for quip. They should be willing to understand the details of the products in the quip portfolio, help with big decisions, and provide continual process improvement that benefits both their teams as well as the Technology organization as a whole: the engineers, designers, and stakeholders who they collaborate with.
The Head of Digital Product, will have significant experience building and leading product teams, they should care deeply about doing things right, building things that scale (and, when sometimes needed at a fast growing startup, things that don’t!), and fostering relationships across the entire organization with the understanding of digital product’s key role at the heart of an increasingly technology led organization - distilling the needs of a complex web of stakeholders across the company into an ambitious product roadmap.
This role will be based in our DUMBO office.
- Working with quip executive team (CEO, CTO) to define the company roadmap for digital product
- Working with product managers for each product in the portfolio to define a roadmap for that product which can be clearly communicated to stakeholders, kept up to date, and incorporates stakeholder feedback continually
- Working with UI/UX designers to take roadmap items from planning through to ready for engineering
- Working with the engineering leadership to allocate resources effectively and define a process with tooling that enables clear communication, accountability, and ownership
- Participating in strategic planning ideation, R&D conversations
- Participating in hiring process for the whole technology organization
- 7+ years experience working with engineers and designers on digital products
- Expertise in roadmap development and strategic planning
- Strong cross collaborative leader, able to influence and communicate effectively across all teams
- Expert in administering project planning tools such as JIRA, Asana, Pivotal Tracker
- Experience managing individual contributors on a product team, and a track record of mentorship-style leadership and career development for the team
- Data-driven decision making skills - an understanding of statistics and multivariate testing, and experience with analytics and testing products
- Fluency with technical concepts such as HTTP, Cloud (PaaS/IaaS), AI/ML, APIs, CDNs, A/B testing, Backend/Frontend
- Experience with mobile apps and web apps
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Competitive health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k plan through MassMutual
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Generous employee discount on all quip products
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty, and accessibility, which are applied throughout our community. We are excited to apply these principles to the acceleration of our digital patient-professional advice and services platform.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.