Are you driven, results-oriented and a team player?
With 15,000 customers in over 15 countries, StoreHub's mission is to make business awesome for everyone by providing retail & restaurant businesses the technology and services they need to succeed.
At StoreHub, we’re building a dream team whereby all of your colleagues are extraordinary at what they do and are highly effective collaborators.
It is on such a team that you learn the most, perform your best work, improve the fastest, and have the most fun.
If this is a journey you’d like to embark on, keep reading!
Your job as a UI Designer is to envision how people experience our platform and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired and refined. In a Designer role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use solutions for thousands of businesses around Southeast Asia.
You don’t need to be an expert or know everything about our industry (even we don’t!). But the work is challenging, fast paced, and always on the bleeding edge. So, we’re looking for someone with a curious mind, a strong drive to make things happen, and a passion to keep improving yourself.
What you will do:
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable.
- Develop design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Partner with product managers and engineers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch.
- User research: knowing how to combine data analytics and customer feedback to understand the context and definition of the problem.
- Create prototypes and validate them with customers: you’ll need to be able to create interactive prototypes on your own.
- Present your work (from sketches to final design) and articulate your design decisions to the design team, product team, and executives for review and feedback.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
What you will need:
- 3+ years proven experience as a UI Designer and experience working directly with engineering teams.
- Highly developed communication skills (frequently leading meetings with product/engineering or sales won't intimidate you).
- Have lots of empathy and ability to step into the shoes of others (especially our customers!).
- Experience with UI and visual designs for web and mobile applications.
- Experience with UI for SaaS companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
What makes working at StoreHub awesome (and refreshing!):
- Our people - for real! StoreHubbers are some of the smartest and most interesting people you can work with. Expect to do a lot of peer-learning.
- Culture of Candour. We embrace directness, hate bureaucracy, and move fast. If you’re tired of ‘corporate nonsense’ you’ll feel right at home.
- Cutting edge tools. If something can be automated, we’ll make it happen. You will be introduced to over 20 different tools we use that support basic tasks, so that we can focus our minds on the kind of work that matters.
- Data availability. The biggest benefit of using a lot of tools is that we have a LOT of data and easy access to analytics. This helps us make more informed decisions and get more precise outcomes.
- Impact not just effort. We recognize that results are not tied to the number of hours put in to achieve them. There’s no reward for long hours with poor results and there’s no penalty for going home on time when you’re producing excellent work. Of course, to be great, most of us have to put in considerable effort, but hard work and long hours is not how we measure or talk about a person’s contribution.
We do have all the other cool perks too:
- Free Nespresso Coffee
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry - ice-cream, snacks, and more yums
- Free Season Parking - no more roadside headaches
- Medical and Dental Outpatient Visits + Medical Insurance
- Apple Macbooks for everyone
- Learning Budget - for courses, books, and levelling up
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at StoreHub. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.