Simpplr is looking for an experienced UI Designer who excels at user-centric product development to help design the future of work. This is a great opportunity to join a team responsible for a product that is defining the way companies engage and connect with their employees.
You’ll be working in Redwood Shores alongside talented and passionate product managers, UX/UI designers, researchers and remotely with members of our engineering team in India - all focused on collectively building a world class application. We bring our A-game every day, and have fun doing it. We are looking for truly awesome, unbelievably talented creators to join us.
Your Job Responsibilities
- Create usable, beautiful and intuitive interface designs that will make users come back for more.
- Champion the user's experience, advocating for user-centered visual design, being proactive about investing in last-mile refinement and polish.
- Deliver compelling, approachable and intuitive cross-platform user experiences as we build our industry leading product. This experience will have desktop, mobile & tablet variants- you will work in partnership with the design and engineering team to implement UI patterns and ensure visual consistency across all products.
- Transform ideas into creative, simple and responsive designs under technology and time constraints, working closely with peers in Product, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Success.
- Understand and incorporate user feedback and business requirements into elegant design solutions based on data, trends, and industry best practices.
- Add to our UI design pattern library and keep it up to date.
- Document and maintain UI design specifications and templates.
- Contribute to not just UI design, but also to our UX practice when needed.
- Support adherence to Security & Privacy policies and procedures in regard to the use of Simpplr information and information assets, including Vendors, Suppliers and Partner material.
Your Skill Set
- Have a passion for creating visual languages that communicate the essence of the brand across a product ecosystem.
- Have hands-on experience creating visually appealing, pixel-perfect designs across complex web and mobile interfaces.
- Have a strong foundation of visual interface design including typography, iconography, color theory, illustration, and visual design systems – taking problems from concept to implementation quickly and iteratively.
- Be a design thinker- go beyond the visuals to truly understand the problem at hand. Have an understanding of the end-to-end UX design process.
- Have a strong eye for detail, craft and consistency.
- Ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale.
- Appreciate critical feedback – you will give it, receive it and seek it out.
- Be motivated by data – whether it’s analyzing qualitative data to find a spark of insight or creating variations of a design for an A/B test – you balance your instincts with data outcomes.
- Be an accountable, self-starter with good time-management and a bias for action – able to work through ambiguity, deadline pressures and manage multiple projects at once.
- Be a source of inspiration and guidance for the entire Product Design team on the evolution of visual trends, tools and emerging technologies.
- 5+ years of experience on a design team working on visual interface design and design systems with a track record of successfully shipping products.
- Proficient with Sketch, Invision and Creative suite (HTML, CSS and JS knowledge would be advantageous but not essential.)
- Portfolio showcasing examples of visual design work and user-centered design thinking.
Work at Simpplr
We’re a very people focused startup and we strive for an open and transparent culture. We value those able to push themselves and empower their fellow teammates, whilst keeping a relaxed working environment. Simpplr provides a competitive compensation package along with medical and accidental insurance. We believe in work-life integration and offer a flexible work environment. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Simpplr an incredible place to work.
It’s really important to us to celebrate our successes, so we have lots of team meals and outings too. In short, we’ll make sure you love working at Simpplr.
See what people think about us: https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Reviews/Simpplr-Reviews-E1628815.htm