Please note: we are only able to consider your application if you have the right to work in the UK and can be based in London.
We are looking for an ambitious UI/UX Designer passionate about creating elegant designs and enabling seamless experiences that get users to "wow" .
The public sector market has been starved of the ability to understand their own world and the existing tools are archaic and clunky. This role is an opportunity to bring a beautiful & intuitive tool to people who desperately need it, and raise the bar of what is possible.
As our first designer, you'll be a key pillar in our world-class product team. You'll work with our CPO, Carsten, and the whole engineering team in order to gain a deep understanding of our users, craft effective features to solve their problems, and bring our evolving product to life.
With a strong culture of ownership and responsibility, we believe that our job is not done until the job is done. We take pride in delivering the highest quality, intuitive products that make discovering and actioning opportunities in the public sector effortless and fun for our users.
What you'll do
- Develop professional, beautiful, and more than anything, amazingly functional and intuitive designs for the core features our customers use every day
- Run the customer development process with Carsten, our CPO. Organising, running, & analysing user feedback and discovery calls
- Take hypotheses, user stories, & customer insights and translating them into high (or low) fidelity prototypes, iterating on these ideas with customers & the product team to arrive at your final designs
- Define, maintain, and iterate on our design system
- Research, collect, and digest best-in-breed design practices, and implement them here at Stotles
Skills we're looking for
- 2+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer or product designer (with SaaS products is a plus)
- Deep familiarity with tools such as Figma / Invision / Sketch / Framer / Balsamiq to create prototypes, customer flows, and hi-fi mock-ups
- Experience designing and running key customer discovery tasks (eg. customer discovery interviews, concept and usability testing, etc.) and distilling the output into concrete insights and designs
- Nice to haves:
- Experience building and maintaining design systems
Qualities we're looking for
- Effective communicator: Able to share novel or complicated concepts with the team in a digestible way, and able to “translate” messy customer signals into their relevant business implications.
- Focus on impact: Obsessively focused on how our product can solve our customers problems. We do functional, not flashy.
- Attention to detail: Designs critiqued until pixel perfect. Every step of the customer journey accounted for. Nothing gets past you.
- Ambitious curiosity: Eager to learn skills and technologies outside of your comfort zone, take on tasks that scare you, and grow into a senior leadership role at Stotles
- Dependability & accountability: Trusted to deliver on the commitments you make to the team, from the big picture results to the nuanced details
Once you get in touch with us, we will send you a link to our application form!