We are GetAgent, the UK’s leading estate agency comparison site. Through transparency and data, our aim is to provide a straightforward and pain-free solution to the most stressful process a homeowner can undergo, selling their property.
We ingest millions of property listings each year to create an objective measure of estate agent performance. Using our unique data, home sellers sell quicker and for more money. And we’re on a mission to make moving home even easier through the roll-out of our Home Moving Platform.
We’ve just launched the first phase of the redesign of the product (GetAgent 2.0!). We’re really happy with the new look-and-feel, and we’re now looking for someone to lead the rollout across the rest of the site.
However, this is not a simple re-skin! We want someone to completely rethink how different sections of the site work, informed by user feedback and A/B testing.
What you’ll do
You'd be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. Over time you’ll come to be an expert at the complicated process of selling a home!
As our sole designer, you'd be a core member of GetAgent's product team and would take ownership of large parts of our platform. You’ll help grow out the product team and develop the processes we’ll need to scale.
What we need from you:
- Whilst on the UX/UI spectrum you’d be closer to UX, you’d still possess a fantastic eye for design, consistent with our new look-and-feel (check out the homepage and home seller journey).
- A passion for using design to simplify an extremely complicated process (selling your home!).
- Experience gathering user requirements and working with different groups of people to ensure we are building the right thing. User research will be an important part of your role.
- Proficiency using Sketch (what we currently use for our high-fidelity mockups), Figma or XD.
- 2+ years of experience designing web sites with complex user journeys.
- A data-driven approach to design i.e happy to iterate on designs to improve key KPIs.
- A passion for tech and creating amazing UX/UI
- Enthusiasm and willingness to take on projects outside of the job spec at times (we’re a startup - everyone has to muck in!).
Nice to have but not essential:
- Some experience turning designs into HTML/CSS/SASS would be great (or at least a willingness to learn).
- Experience with data visualisations would be good.
What’s in it for you?
- Quickly gain responsibility and become a future leader in the business.
- Opportunity to work on disruptive products, grow yourself and a team around you
- An amazing culture - we aim to attract like-minded individuals, so everyone has a shared goal. Our office is fuelled by honesty, hard work, and of course, some fun!
- Dive headfirst into one of the biggest industries in the world and help simplify the stressful process of moving house!
- Great opportunity to teach and to learn
- Work all across the product - you won’t be stuck micro-optimising a small part
- Work with a small but smart and driven team
- Grow responsibility quickly and fast-track your career
- Have a real impact on the direction of the business
To ensure everyone's safety and that there are no more than 15 people in the office at one time, the team is only in 2 days a week and working from home for the remaining 3.
The safety and wellbeing of our staff are of the utmost importance and we have worked tirelessly to ensure the office is COVID secure and compliant with government regulations.
We will move quickly for the right person, so get your CV over ASAP!