UI/UX Design Intern
What is Shuffle?
Shuffle surfaces the world's best ideas and stories found in podcasts. We are a podcast community platform that makes it easy to turn hourlong audio into short video highlights so you can share and discuss the best parts of your favorite podcasts.
Our team has strong consumer DNA with experience from Google, Youtube, Coinbase, and Facebook. We are backed by some of the best early-stage investors and consumer tech angels in Silicon Valley, including C and VP-level at Facebook, Instagram, Coinbase, Uber, Dropbox.
The Shuffle team is distributed across the Americas timezones.
Why this role?
- Help the world discover and engage with great podcast content they care about: There are many diehard podcast fans out there, but there hasn't been one platform to help them engage with each other and the content meaningfully. You can help us change this.
- Work with a great team: Work with ex-Facebook, ex-Coinbase folks in design and product; hands-on learning working closely with a small team.
- Make meaningful impact: Coming in at this stage, you would design, build, and ship things that matter. You'd have huge impact on the company, our roadmap, and our culture because you're getting in at ground level.
What will you do?
Your day to day life at Shuffle would expose you to a fast-paced, fun work environment, at a seed stage start-up. This position is best for those that are interested in working on a small scrappy team, and learning about the nuances that come with working at such a young company.
An average day working at Shuffle would include working closely with Shuffle's lead product designer to produce high-quality user flows and UI. You'd learn about the value of user interviews, and devise creative solutions to user pain points, from wire-faming user flows to finalized high fidelity UI.
This is a very team-oriented company, and role; you'd also be working closely with Product and Engineering to take designs from ideation to implementation, iteration, refinement, and beyond. This role will focus primarily on UI/UX work, but occasionally may extend beyond the app, to aid with any marketing needs or assets for social campaigns.
This might be for you if...
- You are pursuing a degree in UI/UX or related design fields OR Have at least one year of relevant design experience including web or app design
- You're open to working part-time [20-30 hours - Preferably 3 full-time days per week]
- You have a strong online portfolio, including mobile app design
- You have competency in Figma, Principle, and Adobe suite
- You're able to clearly communicate concepts and designs through sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, and prototypes.
- Flexibility in design skills to also produce graphic design work beyond product design
- Bonus Skills
- A love for podcasts and a passion for building a new social network from the ground up.
- Interest in tech, and awareness of the latest trends in iOS design are a plus! (Android is great too! But we are a wholly iOS app for the time being)
What can you expect?
- Excellent leadership and guidance from ex-Google, Youtube, Coinbase operators
- Experience in the full product design process, from ideation to implementation and learning the importance of user centered design
- Exposure to a fast-paced seed stage startup backed by top VCs and consumer Angels in Silicon Valley
- Expect compensation to be competitive based on local markets at an hourly rate
- A fully remote environment with a team distributed across North America
How do I apply?
- Submit your resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use subject line "Shuffle Design Intern"
- Please include the days and hours you would be available, ideal length of engagement, and your current timezone