6 Week Contract starting Nov 9
Motional is looking for a UX/UI Design Contractor to help us deliver a user experience that is intuitive, comfortable, user-centered, and that will develop trust for this state-of-the-art technology. You’ll be on a small, fast-paced agile team, collaborating with other UX/UI Designers, Industrial Designers, User Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers. This is a short term contract (6 weeks), with the potential of extending the contract and/or converting to a full time position for the right person.
In the short term you’ll help move forward the UI design of our user experience, including design of mobile applications and integrated HMI systems (i.e. sound, lighting, physical buttons). Longer term, other opportunities for design are possible, including design of driving behavior, fleet management software, next generation vehicles, etc.
Please submit your resume, and an online or PDF portfolio with at least 2 projects that best represent your capabilities, skills and interests.
What you'll do
- Lead collaborative team sessions such as brainstorming with the design team
- Work on earlier stage user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Deliver polished, pixel perfect UI Design artifacts, based on early directional wireframes/research
- Work with engineers to implement designs you create, ensuring quality
- Support user research efforts to increase understanding of user needs and desires
- Support researchers in user testing sessions
- Help define how users will interact with the future of mobility!
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic Design, UX Design, or similar
- 4+ years of hands on experience in an in house design team or consulting/agency
- Strong cross platform design experience, particularly in mobile app design (not just web)
- Experience working closely with engineers in an agile development process
- Experience taking feedback from users, and iterating on design
- Solid grasp on user interaction and animation principles
- Strong experience in most or all of the design process, including early strategy and ideation, wireframes and prototypes, to the final implementation of UI design.
- The ability to be flexible and inventive, using non-traditional approaches and techniques to design, given our product space
- Experience with Sketch + Zeplin (other industry-standard design tools ok, but less preferred)
- Experience creating UI guidelines
- Animation experience (beyond basic UI animation)
- Physical>Digital experience (exhibits, LEDs, physical installations, TVs, AVs!)
- Sound design/effects
- Experience with any sort of programming (i.e. JS/CSS)
- Experience with compiling significant amounts of design documentation
What we offer
- Interesting work defining the user experience for autonomous vehicles
- Mostly remote schedule, occasionally going on site to see vehicles if possible
- Flexible working hours (occasional late night/early morning meetings with overseas engineering teams possible)
- W2 Contractor position, with the possibility of contract extension or full-time employment
- Start date: November 9th, 2020
- End date: January 8th, 2021
- 6 week contract - (3 days week of Thanksgiving, 2 week break at end of December)
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industry’s largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world’s most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the world’s largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the US and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.